Gray hair makes the man look old and matured. Few enjoy and treasure it while few resent getting gray hair. Coloring gray hair is the primary reason behind hair coloring so what tips to follow when you plan to hide the gray hair with hair color? Following are tips to color gray hair for men which can be used to get over the different hair color!
Tips to color gray hair for men:
1. If you are coloring hair for the first time, it is best to start with semi or demi permanent hair dye which will blend gray hair by infusing small amount of color for slight highlights. Applying such dyes fade the gray color without a noticeable outgrowth.
2. An important tip before choosing to color gray hair for men is to decide the hair dye product based on your hair type and needs. If you want a temporary hair color to hide gray hair then go for temporary or semi-permanent solution. Shiny gray hair type should be covered with hair dye made for only gray hair. If your hair has a dull or normal sheen then any dye will work on the hair.
3. One of the most important tips to color gray hair for men is always prefer applying hair dyes which are meant for men's hair. Don't pick up woman's hair dye as the different varieties are available based on the testing done on both men and women.
4. While coloring gray hair, always leave the color treatment on the applied hair for the full length of time as prescribed in the box. This is so because gray hair is more difficult to cover and the treatment should usually be left for 45 minutes in the hair. It also gives more time for the hair to absorb color pigments.
5. Don't leave the gray beard hairs. Choose the same color which you have used on hair.
6. Rinse as per the instructions given in the box and enjoy the colored hair. Avoid applying shampoo while rinsing as it washes away the color.
Follow these tips to color gray hair for men and re-live the younger look!