During summers, the most common footwear is slippers which are also known as flip-flops. Summer foot care is important to have soft and clean feet. Most often, slippers can make the feet rough and dry. So, after the cold season of socks and house slippers, you have to moisturize your feet for the summer season. Here are foot care tips to get rid of rough and dry feet which is common due to slippers.
Tips to get rid of rough and dry feet:
1. Slippers or flip-flops which have hard sole can harden the foot. This can make the soft ankle feel hard and rough on touch.
2. To get rid of rough and dry skin, soak your feet in warm water for 15-20 minutes. It not only exfoliates the skin and removes dead cells but also feels relaxing. This foot care tip is good to cure foot pain.
3. Rub pumice stone to remove dead skin from the foot and soften them. It is good to soak the feet in water and clean with a soft brush before rubbing pumice stone.
4. Always moisturize your foot at night before going to bed. This softens the skin and keeps it moist. It is one of the simple tips to get rid of rough and dry foot.
5. If you are comfortable wearing a socks on bed, wear them to keep the skin moisturized. Apply body lotion nicely and wear the socks.
6. Apply petroleum jelly on the feet especially ankles. Hard ankles due to slippers can be easily cured with petroleum jelly.
7. Always wash your feet after returning home. During summers, you wear sandals, walk on the beach, play barefoot. This can spoil the softness and harden the foot.
Try these tips to get rid of rough and dry skin and soften them! Summer foot care is easy and simple.