- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 11 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 12 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- 14 hrs ago 10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- News Mother beaten to death by daughter's alleged molesters
- Finance Markets May Trend Higher In The Coming Week
- Technology Blaupunkt Launches BTW Pro Truly Wireless Earbuds For Rs. 6,999 In India
- Sports Fowler shares lead as Finau fires 62 in California
- Movies Sarileru Neekevvaru Day 7 Box Office Collections: First Telugu Film To Cross 100 Crore In 2020!
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The 'Prasadam' which the devotees flock to partake of is cooked in an eco friendly solar-steam cooking system, the motive being to reduce the use of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) by 50 percent.
Jayant Sasane, the chairman of the trust said that apart from the environmental benefits, the new solar kitchen proved cheaper in the long run with uninterrupted cooking.
Sushma Singh, a devotee from Delhi said “About 10,000 to 20,000 devotees daily come to eat the prasadam. Food is distributed here from morning to late till night"
Shirdi stands third to Tirupati temple in Andhra Pradesh and Brahma Kumari Spiritual Trust in Mt.Abu, Rajasthan to have adopted a go green, eco friendly Solar-steam system equipped kitchen.
Devotees appreciated the food being served at the ''Prasadalaya'' in Shirdi.