- 10 hrs ago Does Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know
- 16 hrs ago Mozambique Sees First Wild Polio Case Since 1992; Pandemic May Have Caused Children To Miss Polio Vaccination
- 16 hrs ago Ganga Dussehra 2022: Date, Time, History And Significance
- 17 hrs ago 13 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Wrinkles On Lips: Oils, Fruit Juices And More
- Sports LSG vs RCB IPL Eliminator 2022: Live Streaming, Date, Time, Venue, Route to Playoffs, Key Battles
- Finance Given Over 66% SIP Returns In 3-Year, Outperformed Benchmark, This Small-Cap Fund Is Good For SIP
- Movies Veteran Producer Mohamed Riaz Dies At 74
- News Who is Anthony Albanese? Australia's Prime Minister-elect
- Automobiles Mercedes Vision AMG Concept Revealed - Affalterbach's Silent Future
- Education Goa Board HSSC Result 2022 Declared At gbshse.info, Download GBSHSE Class 12 Result Here
- Technology Redmi Note 11T Pro To Feature Dimensity 8100, 144Hz Display; Launching On May 24
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Fasting holds a very special significance in Hinduism. According to the Hindu calendar, there are two Ekadashis every month. Ekadashi fast is done by devotees who seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu. Ekadashi is known by different names and therefore, the one that falls in the Krishna Paksha of the month of Margashirsha is known as Uttana Ekadashi.
Utpanna Ekadashi 2021: Date, Time And Puja Muhurat
This year Uttana Ekadashi falls on Tuesday, 30 November. The Utpanna Ekadashi Tithi will start from 4:13 am on 30 November (Tuesday) and will continue till 2:13 am on 01 December. Parana Tithi Hari Vasar Ending Time will start from 07:34 am and Dwadashi Vrat Parana Time will be on 01 December 2021 from 07:34 am to 09:01 am.
Utpanna Ekadashi 2021: Fasting Method And Rituals
The fasting rule of Uttan Ekadashi will start prior to this day. On the day of Dashami, eat satvik food before sunset and then observe the fast till the beginning of the twelfth tithi. On the day of Ekadashi, one needs to wake up early in the morning and take bath, then light a lamp in the temple and worship Lord Vishnu by offering flowers etc. Then devotees worship Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi by observing a fast for the whole day of Ekadashi.
At the beginning of the twelfth day, one needs to take bath after waking up in the morning and worship Shri Hari with full rituals and break the fast. Also, people seek blessings by donating food to the needy.
Utpanna Ekadashi 2021: Legends Associated With This Day
The story of Utpana Ekadashi is associated with Lord Vishnu. Legend has it that in Satyuga (Hindu division of time), when a demon named Maru had defeated the Gods and made Indra Dev his captive, then all the gods approached Bholenath (Lord Shiva) for help.
Lord Shiva advised the deities to seek help from Vishnu, who then defeated all the demons but unfortunately, the demon Maru fled from the middle of the battle. After this Vishnu stopped fighting and went to take rest in the Badri cave. At the same time, the demon Maru came to kill Him, but this time a girl descended from Lord Vishnu, and put an end to that demon Maru. That girl told Vishnu that she was His incarnation. After this, Vishnu gave a boon to that girl and said that the devotees who have got themselves entangled in illusion, you will have to bring them again on the path of devotion and you will be known throughout the world as Ekadashi.
Utpanna Ekadashi: History And Significance
Ekadashi fast is observed for the special blessings of Lord Vishnu. By observing the Ekadashi fast, salvation is attained after death and all sins are removed from the present birth. The fulfilment of this fast leads to the attainment of salvation. Devotees believe that by observing this fast, one's physical and emotional health and also soothes the mind. This fast is completed by worshipping Lord Vishnu with true devotion.
- festivalsGanga Dussehra 2022: Date, Time, History And Significance
- festivalsKottiyoor Utsavam 2022: Date, Time, History And Significance
- festivalsSkanda Sashti 2022: Dates, Tithi, Puja Rituals, Vrat Katha And Significance
- festivalsDhumavati Jayanti 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Vrat Katha And Significance
- festivalsMaharana Pratap Jayanti 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages And Images
- festivalsBada Mangal 2022 Dates, Puja Vidhi, Remedies, Mantras To Chant And Significance
- festivalsWhy Is Satyanarayana Puja Important In Telugu Weddings?
- festivalsHappy Shani Jayanti 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, And Images
- festivalsApara Ekadashi 2022: Date, Muhurat, Puja Vidhi, Significance and Mantra
- festivalsSatyanarayan Puja May 2022 Date: Know All The Four Vrat Kathas Assosiated With This Day
- festivalsWhy Is Lord Hanuman Also Referred To As Bajarangbali?
- festivalsHow To Perform Satyanarayan Pooja At Home - Rituals And Procedure