Worshiping the planets and heavenly bodies has been of prime importance to the Hindus, and in Vedic astrology, since ancient times. The position of the moon in one's birth chart plays a very important role in determining the overall astrology for that person. Whoever has it placed at the favourable places, in the birth chart, is sure to be blessed with peace, beauty and prosperity.
Chandra Darshan is the day of observing the moon on the day after the Amavasya. Observing the Moon just after sunset on this day is considered highly auspicious. It is believed that whoever observes the moon during the Chandra Darshan timings, the Moon God blesses him with good luck.
Moon Or Chandra According To Astrology
According to Vedic astrology, Chandra or the moon is one of the heavenly bodies that influence the life on earth, the most. Chandra Darshan is observed every month. For the month of January 2019, the Chandra Darshan day will be 7 January. The timings would be 5.35 PM to 6.46 PM.
Also Read: Worship Hindu Gods Day Wise
Significance Of Chandra Darshan
Moon symbolises good health and purity. He is believed to be married to the 27 Nakshatras who are further believed to be the daughters of Daksh Prajapati. He is even known to be the father of the planet Mercury. Mercury is also known as Budha Grah in the Hindu astrology. In Hinduism, Moon holds a lot of importance, as the Lunar calendar is followed by many Hindus, especially in South India.
Fast And Puja
Devotees observe a fast the whole day on the day of Chandra Darshan. They abstain from eating or drinking anything. It is only after sighting the moon in the evening that the fast is broken. The Moon can be observed mostly just after sunset. This moon that emerges in the sky is the new moon, which appears after the Amavasya. People believe that every night, the Moon God goes through the sky while seated on the chariot, drawn by ten white horses. Rice and milk can be donated to the poor to please the Moon God.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!