TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 'Sab Ghungroo Bandhke Taiyar Ho Gaye': Modi's Barb At Opposition Over PM Candidate
- IPL 2019: RCB vs KXIP — Preview
- Five Avengers Endgame Theories That Will Make You Go Bonkers
- Triumph Speed Twin Launched In India At Rs 9.46 lakh
- Arjun Announces GF Gabriella Demetriades's Pregnancy!
- SEBI Blocks Hotel Leelaventure From Selling Hotels And Properties To Brookfield
- Kajol Amazes In This Sari
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Goddess Lakshmi is the deity of good fortune and wealth. She is an important deity in the Hindu pantheon of gods. She is the bringer of 'Aishwarya' and 'Vriddhi'.
Every practicing Hindu householder wants to please Goddess Lakshmi. The ones that are free of the bonds of Maya and Moha and those who have renounced the way of life also worship the Goddess, as the way of 'Marga to Moksha' (way to salvation).
The presence of Goddess Lakshmi in the house ensures that your family stays healthy, happy and peaceful. If you are wondering how to invite Goddess Lakshmi to your home, this Diwali, worry not, as we have some tips for you.
Diwali is the auspicious time when we can please Goddess Lakshmi by offering her special prayers. There are certain things that you can do to make sure the Goddess loves your service when she visits your house this Diwali.
Installing Sri Yantra In Your Pooja Room
Yantras of different kinds are usually used by the Hindu community to make life better. Sri Yantra is one of these. This Sri Yantra can be placed in the puja room of your house. Offering regular prayers to it is a must. If all the required rules are followed properly, then the house is filled with good luck and wealth.
Using A Lotus Seed Rosary
The lotus is one of the things that is considered to be very close to the Goddess's heart. She is often depicted as seated on a Lotus. Lotus is considered as the symbol of wealth and good tidings. You can keep a lotus seed rosary in the puja room and use it to chant the Lakshmi Mantra. Doing so will fill the heart of the devotee with purity, love and kindness.
Have A Moti Shankh In Your Home
Moti Shankh is a conch that has the lustre of pearls. Such conches are rare to find and are considered as objects of immense spiritual power. Having it in the house is said to bring financial gains. It has to be noted that the conch should be kept wrapped in a clean cloth that is red, yellow or white in colour.
Light Ghee Lamps
Goddess Lakshmi is the one that lights the path to a brighter and happier future. Place an image or idol of Goddess Lakshmi in your puja room. Light the lamps of ghee in front of the Goddess every morning and evening. If you have a basil plant, light a ghee lamp before the Tulsi plant too.
Place Sea Shells And Coweries
Place coweries and sea shells in the place of worship in your home. These help in attracting positive energies into your home. It is believed that these are a form of wealth and keeping them in your home is said to invite more wealth into your house.
Using Coconut To Worship Goddess Lakshmi
Coconut is considered a sacred fruit. It is also called Sri Phal. It is offered to all the deities during Puja. Offering coconut to Goddess Lakshmi every day invites goodness and her blessings into the house.
Dos And Don’ts Of Pleasing Goddess Lakshmi
- Kindness, love and compassion invite Goddess Lakshmi into the house.
- Cleanliness is very important. Goddess Lakshmi doesn't reside in a place that is messy and untidy.
- Goddess Lakshmi hates a place where there is discord and fights. Keep peace and harmony in your house.
- Never disrespect the women in your house. If the women are happy, then Goddess Lakshmi shall be happy too.
- Wake up with the sunrise and go to bed after the sun sets.
- You should not taste the food while it is being cooked.
- Consume food only after bathing and offering bhog to Lord Agni and Goddess Lakshmi.
- Honour the auspicious days. Fridays and occasions like Diwali are important for offering prayers to Goddess Lakshmi. Make sure to worship Goddess Lakshmi on such days.
Few More Things To Keep In Mind
- The pooja and aarti of Diwali should be performed in the presence of all the members of the family. It ensures that everyone in the family is blessed by the Goddess.
- Goddess Lakshmi doesn't like a chaotic atmosphere. It is very important to have a peaceful and harmonious atmosphere.
- When aarti is done for the other Gods, devotees clap their hands in devotion. When the aarti is done for Goddess Lakshmi, do not clap or make a commotion. A simple bell is enough to accompany the aarti.
- Do not burst the crackers soon after the aarti.