- 9 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- 10 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Exudes Contrasting Vibes With Her Two LFW 2019 Black Gowns
- 11 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Finale: Kareena Kapoor Khan Brings Alive Old Hollywood Glamour With Her Classy Look
- 11 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Genelia D'Souza Demonstrates Why Smokey Eye Look Is A Classic
- News What did Arundhati Roy say on Kashmir that irked Twitterati?
- Movies Mom-to-be Amy Jackson Chills Like A Boss With Boyfriend George Panayiotou In A Pool!
- Sports Raonic withdraws from US Open due to glute injury
- Finance Sensex Rallies On FM's Booster Dose; Gains 330 Points
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 And Note10 Plus Accessories: Best Cases And Covers to Buy In India
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Did you check if the nameplate put outside your house is in accordance with Vastu rules? Does the colour on it comply with the colour of the background wall? Is the size of the nameplate perfect?
Vastu Shastra recommends rules not just for the infrastructure of the house but for the nameplate as well. Given here are some Vastu rules for nameplate. Read on.
Duplication Of Name Of The House Name
Duplication of a name of a house that already exists, should not be done. The name of the house should be unique and not similar to that of another person's in your or nearby areas.
A Meaningful Name
The name chosen for the house should have some meaning. Some people randomly select a combination of syllables which sound good. Yet others use a word which sounds fashionable but the meaning it carries is a negative one. This should be avoided. Good, positive and auspicious names should be chosen.
When the name is not legible, it carries a negative meaning. It is said that when the name is readable, it emanates positive energies when it is read. Hence, positive vibes get attracted.
Direction Of Placing The Nameplate
The nameplate should be placed on the left side of the main door, if possible. It is considered more auspicious than the other sides.
The height at which the nameplate is put up should be more than half the height of the main door.
Shape & Design Of The Nameplate
The shape of the nameplate is believed to be good if it is circular, triangular or irregular shaped. The content on the nameplate should be covered maximum in two lines. Designs such as birds and animals should not be made on the nameplate.
Nameplates in many houses are not properly fixed or left loose for fashion. This is not advisable. The nameplate has to be properly fixed, stable and should not move or keep moving. It should also not be damaged and should be well maintained and clean. There should be no holes in it.
An Elevator Before The Nameplate
If you live in an apartment with many floors, make sure the nameplate is not directly in front of the elevator. As the lift opens, the nameplate should not be one of the first things to be sighted by those inside the lift.
Objects Near Nameplate
People keep objects such as broom, mop, etc. near the main door of the house. Sometimes, these items are seen placed near the nameplate also. It is not auspicious to do so. No cleaning objects should be placed near the nameplate.
Colour Of The Nameplate
While the colour should be according to the owner's zodiac, the characters used while naming should also be decided with the help of an astrologer.