- 44 min ago Lingashtakam: Know About Importance, Benefits, And Restrictions
- 4 hrs ago Is There A Substitute For Baby Diapers? Safe And Eco-friendly Alternatives To Diapers
- 6 hrs ago Makeup Tips: How To Get The Perfect Makeup Base?
- 7 hrs ago Sensory Play For Kids: What Is It? Why Is It Necessary? And How To Implement It
- Sports LaLiga: Nacho's bizarre own goal costs dearly as Real Madrid lose 0-1 to Mallorca
- Movies Sidharth-Kiara Wedding: Courtyard Sangeet, Lunch, Reception Venue & A Late Honeymoon In The Cards
- News Cong to step up attack on govt over Adani issue, to hold nationwide protest on Monday
- Education CUET UG 2023 Registration Soon; Check Details Here
- Travel Top 5 Must visit places in Ottawa, Canada
- Automobiles Kia India Sells 6.50 Lakh Units Under 4 Years – Automaker Currently Retails 5 Models In The Country
- Finance 3 Stocks With Low P/E, Solid Fundamentals & Robust Dividend Yields
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2T vs Oppo Reno 8: Design, Display, Battery Compared
It is said that India is a land of rich history. Along with the stories of bravery of the ancient kings, the big palaces and temples they constructed added to the beauty of India.
While the infrastructure is itself a great art, the faith with which people visit these is what has made them more valuable for the country. It is said that all the wishes of the devotees who visit these temples get accepted. Let us explore some more about these incredible temples of India you must visit.
Ekambareswarar Temple, Kanchipuram
This is a world famous temple situated in the Kanchipuram district of Tamil Nadu. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, where a Shivlinga made of sand can be seen. The most significant thing about the temple is that it is believed that it was Goddess Parvati under whose supervision the construction was done.
Virupaksha Temple, Hampi
Located in Hampi of Karnataka, it is among the most popular temples of the state. It is said that it was constructed under the king Krishna Dev Raya in the year 1509. It is said that a Puja with exactly the same rituals and in the same manner is done in the temples as it used to happen during the reign of the king.
Dula Dev, Madhya Pradesh
Dula Dev temple in Khajuraho is a major attraction in Madhya Pradesh. One of the most ancient temples in India, it is also dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple was constructed by Chandel rulers between the 10th and 12th century. It is also known as Kunwar Nath Temple by historians.
Konark Temple, Odisha
It is a world famous temple dedicated to Surya Dev. It attracts lakhs of devotees every year. What is astonishing about the temple is the architecture of the outer walls of the temple. Images of intercourse have been carved on the walls. The temple has been designed in the form of the chariot of Surya Dev.
The Elephanta caves of Maharashtra are also considered to be temples. There are seven caves out of which, five belong to the Hindus and the other two to the Buddhists. The setting up of the temples of two religions together is fascinating. While idols of Lord Shiva are there inside the caves, Mahesh Murti Cave is the most popular.
Shore Temple, Mahabalipuram
Shore Temple In Mahabalipuram is located in Tamil Nadu. It is one of the most ancient temples of South India. It is divided into three temples. While there is a temple of Lord Vishnu in the centre, temples of Lord Shiva are there on both sides of it. Inside the temple, there is a smaller temple of Goddess Durga, near which a statue of the lion of the Goddess can also be seen.
Ellora Caves, Maharashtra
The Ellora caves were constructed by Krishna I, in present day Aurangabad of Maharashtra. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is a world-famous site, the most attractive feature of the temple being that the biggest idol here has been carved out of just one stone.
Brihasdiswarar Temple, Tamil Nadu
The attraction for the followers of Shaivism tradition of Hinduism, this temple is situated in the Thanjour district of Tamil Nadu. It was constructed by the Chola rulers in the 11th century. This temple is one among the most famous granite temples of the world.
Goddess Minakshi was an incarnation of Goddess Parvati and the sister of Lord Vishnu. Dedicated to mother Goddess Minakshi, the temple is located in Madurai. Known as Minakshi Amman Temple, it is one of the most ancient temples of the country.
Virupaksha Temple, Pattadakal
Constructed in the 8th century by the great Chalukya rulers, Viruksha temple is located in the Pattadakal village of Karnataka. It is a beautiful example of Southern and Northern architectures of India.
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 05 February To 11 February 2023, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 05 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 04 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 03 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 02 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 01 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 31 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 30 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- faith mysticismSignificance and Benefits of Chanting Lalitha Sahasranamam
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 29 January To 04 February 2023, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 29 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 27 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs