- 36 min ago Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- 10 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- 11 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 2 – Here Is How You Can Ace The White Make-up Look
- 11 hrs ago Altitude Sickness: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 104: Patna Pirates vs Haryana Steelers: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News Watch: Excitement at NRG stadium for ‘Howdy Modi' ahead of PM's arrival
- Technology Here's The Proper Way To Backup Android Devices
- Movies Sye Raa Pre-release Event: Live Updates
- Automobiles Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Lord Vishnu once thought of visiting the Mrityu Loka. As he discussed it with Goddess Lakshmi, she expressed her wish of accompanying him to the Mrityu Loka.
However, Lord Vishnu said it was not safe for her to go to that place since she did not know all the rules of the place. However, Goddess Lakshmi still requested him to take her along.
1. Lord Vishnu And Goddess Lakshmi Proceeding Towards Mrityu Loka
Seeing that Goddess Lakshmi was desperate enough, he asked her to follow all his instructions there without fail. He said that she should not violate any rule and should also not take any decision on her own. Lest unwanted situations might arise.
The Goddess consented and both proceeded towards Mrityu Loka. Following his orders diligently, the Goddess just quietly walked observing the surroundings as Lord Vishnu did. After covering some distance, Lord Vishnu told her to wait there only until he came back. The Goddess agreed to this.
2. When Lord Vishnu Did Not Come For Sometime
However, when it had become a long time since Lord Vishnu had left, she slowly started moving towards the direction in which Lord Vishnu had gone. At some distance, she saw a mustard field. Looking beautiful with yellow flowers, the field attracted Goddess Lakshmi. She forgot the instructions of Lord Vishnu and went inside the field. She plucked a flower and put it in her hair.
3. The Goddess Saw A Garden Of Fruits
She walked a little more and saw a beautiful garden of fruits. She plucked one fruit and ate it. At once, she realised that Lord Vishnu was coming towards her from the opposite direction. It was just then she realised that she was told not to take any decision all by herself.
4. When Lord Vishnu Came
As Lord Vishnu came, he told her that the field was just an illusion and that it represented the field of a farmer on earth, who was a very good humane and generous person. He also told her that whosoever took fruits from his farm without his due permission would get the punishment of serving the farmer's needs for twelve years. Thus Goddess Lakshmi was asked to stay in the farmer's house for twelve years.
5. When The Goddess Had To Leave
During these twelve years, the farmer grew very rich and prosperous; Goddess Lakshmi had blessed him and was staying with his family. When the twelve years were over and the Goddess had to leave his house, he thanked the Goddess but asked her to stay a little longer.
6. Goddess Lakshmi Gave A Blessing
However, Goddess Lakshmi said that in order to keep getting her blessings, he should, on the day of Ekadashi, clean the house properly and perform a Puja before her idol, after lighting a lamp. The farmer did as told and thus got the blessings of the Goddess for another one year. This way he continued celebrating this Trayodashi every year and named it as Dhan Trayodashi - or Dhan Teras.