- Finance Bengaluru May See A Rise In Office Rentals, Mumbai, NCR To Be Stable
- Sports MotoGP Yearender 2020: Nine different winners and a new champion!
- News Hyderabad: Nagarjuna Sagar MLA Nomula Narsimhaiah passes away
- Technology FAU-G Pre-Registration Is Live In India: How To Pre-Register On Google Play Store
- Movies Kollywood 2020: Top 5 Videos That Stole Our Hearts This Year!
- Automobiles BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Recently, Vogue India, a fashion and lifestyle magazine featured K.K Shailaja, an Indian Politician in its November edition as the Women of the Year 2020. For those who don't know, K.K Shailaja is the Health and Social Welfare Minister of Kerala. The reason why she has been featured on the cover page of the magazine is due to her exceptional work to combat the coronavirus pandemic. Very few people know that K.K Shailaja was honoured during the Nipah Virus outbreak in 2008 as well.
There are many more things about K.K Shailaja that will inspire you to a great extent. Today in this article, we have mentioned some lesser-known facts about her. Scroll down the article to read more.
1. K.K Shailaja was born on 20 November 1956 to K.K Kundan and K.K Shantha
2. She pursued her Bachelor's of Science from the Pazhassi Raja N.S.S College, Mattanur. Later she completed her Bachelor of Education from the Visvesvaraya College in the year 1980.
3. She married K. Bhaskaran on 19 April 1981.
4. The couple is blessed with two sons.
5. After this, she went on to serve as a teacher in a high school in Sivapuram.
6. In 2004, she retired from her service after serving over seven years.
7. Later, she went into politics and was quite active in the same.
8. In 1996, she represented Kuthuparamba and Peravoor in 2006 in the Kerala Legislative Assembly.
9. She won a total of 67,013 votes from the Kuthuparamba constituency, defeating her opponents with a margin of 12,291 votes.
10. As a Health Minister, Shailaja is known for her strong commitment and work ethic. Her colleagues describe her as a tough taskmaster who doesn't care about working even if it's midnight or if she is unwell.
11. In order to deal with the novel coronavirus, she regularly holds meetings and assessments.
12. Not only this, but she also worked in a similar manner during the Nipah outbreak.
13. She has set up a team dedicated for extensive and fast diagnosis of the virus along with further management and treatment.
14. K.K Shailaja has also received international attention for handling the novel coronavirus in Kerala.
15. In June 2020, she was invited by the United Nations to be a part of the member of the panel discussing on United Nations Public Service Day 2020.
16. She was described as "Coronavirus Slayer" and "rock health minister" by The Guardian magazine.
17. The BBC News featured her among a list of Asian Women Corona Fighters.
K.K Shailaja has been honoured along with Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan for handling issues such as Woman and Child Development and Social Justice in Kerala.