- 35 min ago Weekly Horoscope: 24 January To 30 January
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 24 January 2021
- 13 hrs ago 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- 16 hrs ago National Girl Child Day 2021: History And Significance Of This Day
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Technology Week 4, 2021 Launch Roundup: Vivo X60 Pro+, Realme C20, HONOR V40 5G, LG K42 And More
- Movies Mohanlal To Play The Lead In The Film Bankrolled By Kerala Film Producers Association!
- Sports I was all ready, padded up, had taken injection as well: Jadeja
- News Let's have a duel: Amit Shah slams vaccine critics
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
In a relationship, both partners are equally important. The moment one of the partners overpowers and takes control of the relationship, things can become ugly. You may consider yourself a good partner who never stops his/her significant other from anything but then there can be times when you may become self-centered in your relationship.
You may not realise this but some of your actions and words can make you seem selfish in the relationship. In order to know if you are being selfish in your relationship, scroll down the article to read the below-mentioned telltale signs.
1. You Give More Importance To Your Needs
This is one of the biggest telltale signs that you are self-centered in your relationship. Instead of giving equal importance to both of your needs, you are more inclined towards fulfilling your needs. You hardly care about what your partner wants. At times, you may try to look after the needs of your partner but then you may seem to get annoyed easily.
2. You Accuse Your Partner Of Being Selfish
Do you often find yourself accusing your partner of being selfish? Even though your partner does things to make you happy and feel special, you never appreciate his/her efforts. In fact, you may often accuse him/her of spoiling your mood. You may even call your partner selfish and self-centered during any argument.
3. You Are Over Critical Of Your Partner
If you are always on your toes to criticise your partner and find faults in him/her, then this could be a sign that you are self-centered in your relationship. You may criticise every single habit of your partner and consider him/her good for nothing. No matter how hard your partner tries to make things better, you always find one or two faults in your partner. Even though you are yourself at fault, you never admit your mistakes.
4. You Never Listen To Your Partner’s Opinions
In a relationship, both the partners are equally important and so is their opinions and thoughts. But if you are never interested in listening to your partner's opinions and thoughts, then this could be a red flag. You may ask your partner to consider what you think and say but when it comes to listening to your partner, you turn a deaf ear towards him/her. You may feel bored when your partner talks about his/her problems.
5. You Often Interrupt Your Partner
The moment your partner tries to point out something or speak about his/her problems, you may interrupt him/her. Instead of listening to what your partner says, you may ask him/her to keep quiet or you may divert the topic. Even if he is saying something important or letting you know the reasons behind his/her sufferings, you may not intend to listen to the same. But when it comes to sharing your problems and opinions, you will make sure that your partner is all ears to you.
6. You Accuse Your Partner Of Everything
Are you always accusing your partner of every wrongdoing? No matter whose fault it is you never stop yourself from accusing your partner. The moment your partner points out your mistakes, you feel like breaking a frying pan on his/her head. This is because you consider yourself perfect. When it comes to your partner, you often hold your partner responsible for every mishappening in your life.
7. You Expect Your Partner To Change For You
Expecting your partner to change for yourself is itself a red flag that you are being selfish and self-centered in your relationship. Every time you ask your partner to change his/her habit and work on himself/herself, it shows that you are not that accepting of your partner. Instead of bringing positive changes in your lifestyle and habits, you may often ask your partner to adjust according to you.
Being self-centered in a relationship can weaken your bond and create differences between you and your partner. This shows that you aren't giving equal importance to your partner. Instead of doing the above-mentioned things, try your best to keep a proper balance in your relationship.