- Technology Jio’s Got Talent: Telco Joins Snapchat For Talent Search
- News Coronavirus outbreak: China urges citizens to delay foreign travel over virus fears
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Asim Riaz & Sidharth Shukla To Compete In Mall Task; Here's When It Will Be Held!
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: Bengaluru FC sign Nili Perdomo on loan from Platanias FC
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo Launching In India: Will Debut At Auto Expo
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Cut As Crude Oil Slips To 3-Month Low On Coronavirus Scare
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A study points at the fact that increasing HIV/STD disease is being reported in MSM with high risk behaviours in Africa and Asia.
The risk is highest among MSM in Nanjing, China. Scientists are still studying the reason for the rise of this disease among this crowd.
Using respondent-driven sampling methods, scientists report an HIV incidence rate of 5.12 cases per 100 person years.
They stressed that in recent years, China has considered “MSM as a priority population for HIV prevention and control."
However, Dr. Mayer and his colleagues believe that MSM exists in all populations.
They stress that thinking HIV epidemic that affects MSM in industrialized countries and is a heterosexual epidemic in developing or less developed countries is not valid.
They also recognize high prevalence of HIV/STD in some MSM populations in Africa and Asia, and emphasize the need to act now to prevent the massive spread of disease.