If your partner feels jealous of your past then it is known as retroactive jealousy. Didn't understand? Imagine this.
You have dated some very good-looking women in the past before your partner got into your life. When she comes to see the pictures of your ex-girlfriends, she may feel a bit jealous. That is known as retroactive jealousy.
Also Read: Tips To Make Your Man Jealous
It occurs to even men whose partners have handsome ex-boyfriends. Well, how should couples handle it? Here are some more facts.
The Actual Reason
Firstly, the reason why this kind of jealousy surfaces is due to insecurity.
If your partner has dated someone more attractive than you, it is quite normal to experience a fear which makes you worry whether that ex may come back to your partner's life.
Handle The Fear
Why should you handle the fear? When you are burning inside, you cannot give your best to your relationship. So, it is better to address the fear. If your partner has retroactive jealousy then it is your job to calm down his or her fears.
Also Read: Signs Your Girlfriend Is Jealous
What To Do?
What to do to remove your partner's fears. Don't hide anything. Be open about your life. When you keep any secrets from your partner, the jealousy increases. If you are the one who is suffering from retroactive jealousy, you can openly ask your partner to do something to remove the insecurity in you.
Keep your social media behaviour open and simple to relieve your partner's fears. Liking, commenting or stalking your ex on social media will confirm your partner's fears. If you are the one who is jealous then talk to your partner if he or she behaves strangely on social media.
Also Read: Why Making Her Jealous Never Works
Bury The Past
Cut contact with your ex if necessary. This will do a lot of good to your current relationship. If you are the one who is suffering insecurity then ask your partner whether he or she can bury the past and cut contact with the ex.
Make your partner feel good and let him or her know how special the relationship is. If your partner is making you jealous, explain your feelings openly and ask him or her to make the right moves to remove insecurity.
Deal With Retroactive Jealousy
What if your partner never loses fear and insecurity even though you take all steps and cut all ties with your ex to remove retroactive jealousy? Well, in that case, your partner's fears are irrational and may need counseling.
What if you are on the receiving end and your partner never cares about resolving your fears and retroactive jealousy? Well, that indicates your partner needs counseling. If he or she values the current relationship then it is important to help you overcome insecurity.
- Got Into A New Relationship? Here Are Things You Need To Discuss.
- Everything That You Will Ever Love Or Like Will Be Taken Away From You
- We Are The Generation Of Unofficial Relationship
- Are You The One Who Is More Invested In Your Partner Than He Is
- Conversation Starters For Couples On A Road Trip
- Are You Being Clingy? Avoid Being So In A Relationship.
- Overrated Things In Relationships That We Do And See
- What Do Men Hide From Their Wives? Do You Know?
- How To Cope With A Moody Partner?
- Types Of Girlfriends You Will See In Your Lifetime
- Let Go Of These Dating Habits To Keep Up In The World Of Dating
- How To Know It Is Time To Introduce Your Partner To Your Family?
- How To Be An Amazing Kisser? Tips To Know