Be it any festival, it is not complete without sweets. Lord Ganesha loves sweet modaks. There are many versions of this modak made from sugar, jaggery, cardamom, etc., but Chef Kasiviswanathan gives us the easiest, newest and delicious version of the modak made from rice flour and strawberry pulp. Do try at home.
Recipe By: Chef Kasiviswanathan
Recipe Type: Dessert
Rice flour - 250 g
Water - 500 ml
Sugar - 100 g
Strawberry pulp - 100 ml
Ghee - 25 g
1.Take a heavy bottom panand add ghee, strawberry pulp, sugar and water.
2.Once the water starts boiling, add the rice flour and mix it well till all lumps melt down and are properly mixed. The mixture will turn into a smooth paste.
3.Let the paste cool down but it should be warm enough to make small dumplings out of it.
4.Now take small portions of the paste and make small modaks out of it. You can give any kind of shape to them. You can even make small balls resembling ladoos.
5.Post making the modaks, allow them to cool a bit. Put them in the fridge for sometime so that the modaksare set. Don't freeze the modaks otherwise they will become too tight.
- Serving Size - 1 piece
- Calories - 180
- Fat - 8g
- Protein - 2g
- Carbohydrates - 40g
- Sugar - 35g
- Dietary Fibre - 2g
- Vanilla Pudding With Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- Strawberry Panna Cotta Recipe
- Shahi Tukda Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Bread Pudding
- Mango Pastry (Eggless) Recipe
- How To Prepare Kaju Flower At Home
- Foods That Are The Worst For Your Baby
- Pineapple Fantasy Recipe: How To Prepare Pineapple Delicacy At Home
- Banana Ice Cream And Double Chocolate Black Bean Cookie Sandwich Recipe
- Karnataka-style Chandrahara Recipe
- Grilled Kiwi With Fresh Fruits And Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe: How To Prepare Carrot Halwa
- Carrot Kheer Recipe: How To Make Carrot Payasam
- Why Ganesh Chaturthi Is Celebrated