Be it any festival, it is not complete without sweets. Lord Ganesha loves sweet modaks. There are many versions of this modak made from sugar, jaggery, cardamom, etc., but Chef Kasiviswanathan gives us the easiest, newest and delicious version of the modak made from rice flour and strawberry pulp. Do try at home.
Recipe By: Chef Kasiviswanathan
Recipe Type: Dessert
Rice flour - 250 g
Water - 500 ml
Sugar - 100 g
Strawberry pulp - 100 ml
Ghee - 25 g
1.Take a heavy bottom panand add ghee, strawberry pulp, sugar and water.
2.Once the water starts boiling, add the rice flour and mix it well till all lumps melt down and are properly mixed. The mixture will turn into a smooth paste.
3.Let the paste cool down but it should be warm enough to make small dumplings out of it.
4.Now take small portions of the paste and make small modaks out of it. You can give any kind of shape to them. You can even make small balls resembling ladoos.
5.Post making the modaks, allow them to cool a bit. Put them in the fridge for sometime so that the modaksare set. Don't freeze the modaks otherwise they will become too tight.
- Serving Size - 1 piece
- Calories - 180
- Fat - 8g
- Protein - 2g
- Carbohydrates - 40g
- Sugar - 35g
- Dietary Fibre - 2g
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?