You must have tried the ready made swiss rolls available in the market and we all know that you really don't get over eating them until you have 2 -3 pieces in one go. Don't worry we got you an easy peasy recipe of the strawberry swiss cream roll to share and enjoy with your friends and family over desert time.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Dessert
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Eggs, separated - 3
Pinch of Salt
Caster Sugar- 1 cup
Few drops Vanilla Essence
Carton cream, whipped - 11/2 cup
Strawberries, chopped - 8-10
Icing Sugar, to dust
Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
Line a swiss roll tin 33cm x 23cm/13 x 9 with greaseproof paper.
Put the egg whites into a large clean dry bowl, add a pinch of salt.
Beat until mixture is stiff and dry looking in appearance.
Add the sugar and continue beating until thick and shiny.
Finally beat in egg yolks until thick and trail of beaters remain.
Sieve the flour and gradually add to the egg mixture folding it in with a metal spoon.
Lastly fold in the essence if used.
Transfer to the prepared tin and spread evenly.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Lay a sheet of greaseproof paper dusted with a little caster sugar on the work surface.
When the cake is baked, turn it onto the paper, remove the lining paper, and trim the edges with a sharp knife.
Roll the cake up from its longest edge with the paper inside. Leave to cool.
When cold, about 20 minutes, gently unroll and remove the greaseproof paper.
Spread with the whipped cream and arrange chopped strawberries on top of cream.
Roll up again to form a swiss roll.
Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- You may also use alternative fillings such as jam, whipped cream & jam, lemon curd, chocolate spread etc
- If using a smaller tin, for example 28cm x 18cm/11 x 7 simply use 50 g Self Raising flour, 2 eggs, 50 g Caster Sugar.
- Serving Size - 1 slice
- Calories - 198cal
- Fat - 12 g
- Protein - 4 g
- Carbohydrates - 18 g
- Sugar - 12 g
- Dietary Fibre - 14g
- Foods Rich In Vitamin B4 To Overcome Vitamin B4 Deficiency
- Top 11 Indian Homemade Protein Shakes For Weight Loss
- Top 11 Mood-boosting Foods To Boost Your Mood Naturally
- Strawberry Panna Cotta Recipe
- Say Goodbye To Constipation With This Strawberry Home Remedy!
- Should Fruits Be Eaten On An Empty Stomach? Read To Find Out
- Different Saffron Face Masks You Should Try At Home
- 7 Reasons Why Berries Are One Of The Healthiest Foods!
- 7 Foods That Can Keep Vaginal Diseases At Bay!
- Excellent Health Benefits Of Berries, Which Will Surprise You!
- Homemade Strawberry Remedy To Get A Slimmer Waist!
- Strawberry Margarita Drink Recipe For Christmas