Panna cotta is an Italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and moulded. The cream may be aromatized with rum, coffee, vanilla, or other flavourings. You can top it up with any kind of flavours and sauces as well. Today we are doing up a strawberry pannacotta. The flavours are awesome but it will look awesome as well since the combo of red and white make your heart goes hmmmm... It's an ideal dessert for couples to share.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Dessert
FOR THE PANNA COTTA
Gelatine leaves - 3tsp
Double cream - ½ kg
Whole milk - 2big cups
White caster sugar - 1big cup
Vanilla pod - 1
For the strawberries
Strawberry - ½ kg
Hulled and halved, or quartered if very large
Cornflour - 1½ tsp
White caster sugar - 1 cup
For the panna cotta, put the gelatine leaves in a small bowl of cold water to soften - this will take about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour the cream, milk and sugar into a pan.
Split the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds.
Add, along with the pod, to the cream mixture.
Heat gently until hot, but not bubbling.
Remove the gelatine leaves from the water.
Squeeze out any excess liquid then add, one at a time, to the hot cream.
Stir until dissolved. Leave to stand for 20-30 minutes
until cooled - the vanilla pods should be suspended in the liquid by this point.
Strain the mixture through a sieve into 6 serving glasses, then chill for at least 3 hours.
Toss the strawberries with the corn flour and sugar in a saucepan.
Place over a medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the released juices thicken and the strawberries soften.
Set aside to cool.
Once completely cooled, top the set panna cottas with the strawberry mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
- You can use the strawberry jelly instead of preparing the mixture with corn flour
- Make sure the panna cotta cream mixture is completely cooled before adding the strawberry mixture
- If not, it will melt, ruining the texture of the dessert.
- Serving Size - 1 medium dessert glass
- Calories - 477
- Fat - 37 g
- Protein - 3 g
- Carbohydrates - 32 g
- Sugar - 31 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1 g
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship