Christmas might be too far away, but crunchy cookies flavoured with star anise will help spread the cheer now as well! Inspired by warm fireplaces in Stockholm, these cookies make for an ideal gift for friends too. These cookies are star shaped and has the flavour of star anise which is a spice found all over India and is used in normal cooking as well. These cookies can be made any time and can be stored as well.
Recipe By: Chef Neha Lakhanis
Recipe Type: Cookies
Flour - 400 g
Sugar - 300 g
Butter - 300 g
hazelnut powder - 175 g
baking soda - 1.5 g
coarsely ground star anise - 2 tsp
1. Cream butter and sugar well.
2. Add all dry ingredients.
3. Mix using paddle attachment until well incorporated.
4. Add the star anise and mix well again.
5. Roll and cut out into desired shape.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
7. Remove from oven cool on a wire rack.
8. Serve when cooled.
- You can also use the same amount of cinnamon powder as star anise powder for a variation
- You can also use anise extract instead of ground star anise.
- Serving Size - 1cookie
- Calories - 100 cal
- Fat - 2 g
- Protein - 4 g
- Carbohydrates - 18 g
- Dietary Fibre - 3 g
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?