Samak Dosa is the most easy and low-calorie dish that can be prepared and savoured during fasting during the Navratri time. The Dosa is made from Samak Ke Chawal, which is a kind of rice that can be eaten during fasts.
Chef Ashwani Kumar shares an easy recipe with us of the samo rice dosa. You can combine potatoes filling or veggies with the same.
Recipe By: Chef Ashwani Kumar
Recipe Type: Main Course
Samak ka chawal - 1 cup
Singhare ka atta - 3 tbsp
Sendha namak - to taste
Ghee for frying
Boiled potatoes (mashed) - 2
Desi ghee - 2 tbsp
Sendha namak - to taste
Whole red chillies - 2
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Cumin seed - 1 tsp
Ginger (chopped) - 1 tbsp
Green chillies (chopped) - 1 tsp
Coriander (chopped) - 1 tbsp
- Soak samak ke chawal for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and make a rough batter (not very fine).
- Now, mix singhare ka atta to the prepared batter and keep it aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Soak and grind the chillies with a little water to make it into a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan, add cumin seeds. When it crackles, put in the chopped ginger and green chillies.
- Add crushed boiled potatoes and fry nicely.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli paste and sendha namak.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Remove and keep it aside.
- Now, heat a non-stick pan. Grease it.
- Pour a ladle full of dosa batter in the centre of the pan and spread it evenly like a round disc - with the help of the ladle.
- Drizzle oil and let it cook
- Put the prepared potato masala in the centre of the dosa and flip half and fold the dosa in a half moon shape and serve hot with coconut and peanut chutney.
- 1. If you are not preparing the dosa for the vrat, you can use regular salt instead of rock salt.
- 2. You can also add onions and garlic if it is not prepared during festive seasons.
- Serving size - 1 dosa
- Calories - 83 cal
- Fat - 2 g
- Protein - 2 g
- Carbohydrates - 14 g
- Sugar - 1 g
- Dietary fibre - 2 g
- Green Peas And Moong Dal Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Green Peas And Moong Dal Chilla At Home
- Vegetable Sagu Recipe: How To Prepare Mix Veg Sagu
- Green Gram Dosa Recipe: How To Prepare The Low-calorie Green Gram Dosa At Home
- Chana Dal Chutney Recipe: How To Make Kadalebele Chutney
- Delicious Palak Paneer Dosa Recipe
- Simple And Quick Methi Dosa Recipe
- Easy Bread Dosa Recipe
- Instant Dosa Recipe For Breakfast
- Indian Breakfast Items That Provides Wholesome Diet
- Quick and Easy Vella Dosa or Sweet Pancake
- Spicy Onion Chutney Recipe
- Easy And Healthy Brown Rice Dosa Breakfast
- Jowar Tomato Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Millet Flour Tomato Chilla At Home