- 2 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Stuns In Her Saree-Inspired Black Outfit With Interesting Palla And Silver Jewellery
- 2 hrs ago Kalla Reh Jayenga: Nikki Tamboli Raise Fashion Quotient A Notch Up With Her Shimmering Powder-Blue Lehenga
- 4 hrs ago Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Plays With Bold Hues And Subtle Patterns For The Latest Promotional Rounds
- 6 hrs ago Mylab signs Bollywood megastar Akshay Kumar as its brand ambassador
- News ATM cash withdrawal fee hiked: Check new charges beyond free limit; Here's how it affects customers
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel, And Vi Prepaid Plans With 28 Days Validity Under Rs. 500
- Movies Krushna Abhishek And Arrti Singh Flaunt Killer Dance Moves As They Groove To Bappi Lahri’s Song; Watch
- Finance 4 Stocks Sharekhan Is Suggesting To Buy For Long Term Investors
- Automobiles Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- Sports 16 years of Sunil Chhetri in international football
- Education CBSE Introduces Free Online Course To Train Teachers On Storytelling As Pedagogy
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Pasta is one of the delicious Italian dinners that one can have. When it comes to pasta, there are many types of it and can be prepared in different sauce. Out of all, the arrabiata pasta is one of the most-preferred. Prepared using penne pasta in tomato and pepper sauce, the dish is quite spicy. The word arrabiata itself means 'angry' in Italian. The dish is named so due to its spicy and hot flavour. Today we have brought the recipe of Arrabiata Pasta for you. You can prepare this recipe for your family for dinner and recieve appreciation from them.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Dinner, Main course
For Cooking Pasta
- 2 cups of penne pasta
- 4 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
For Arrabiata Sauce
- 2 cups of roughly chopped tomatoes or 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder or 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4-5 basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon sugar - optional
- ¼ cup water - optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (veg)
- Boil 2 cups of penne pasta in 4 cups of water on medium flame. Add 2-3 drops of any cooking oil into the pasta to ensure pasta doesn't stick together.
- In case, you don't have penne pasta, you can go for macroni or fusili pasta as well.
- On a medium-high flame, cook until the pasta is becomes soft..
- Strain the pasta and keep it aside.
- In case, you don't have tomato puee, transfer the roughly chopped tomatoes into a blender. Blend until you get smooth puree.
- While you are making the puree, make sure you do not add water.
- Take a pan and heat some olive oil into it. Add finely chopped garlic into the heated oil.
- Sauté for 20-30 seconds.
- Next, add red chili powder or crushed chili flakes. Combine well with the oil and garlic. You can add more chili powder or fakes, if you want spicy taste.
- After this, add the tomato puree and salt as per the taste. Combine well.
- Cover and cook the tomato puree on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes. This will ensure that the sauce gets cooked well and the raw aroma goes away.
- As soon as the sauce mixture starts leaving oil from the sides, this means that the arrabiata sauce is cooked well.
- At this point, add dried oregano, sugar and ground black pepper.
Making Arrabiata Pasta
- Once the sauce is cooked, add the boiled pasta and mix well.
- Mix well to ensure that the sauce coats pasta uniformly.
- Turn off the flame and add basil leaves. You can also chop the leaves before adding them to the pasta. Mix gently
- Add parmesan cheese into the pasta.
- Serve in bowl by sprinkling some more cheese and a few basil sprigs.
- You can also serve with garlic bread.
- You can use any pasta of your choice. People generally make arrabiata pasta with penne. But you can also use macroni or fusili.
- It is advisable to use tomato puree while making arrabiata pasta. This ensures that the arrabiata sauce gets prepared nicely.
- You can also add chopped green chilies into the arrabiata sauce. You can also replace pepper powder with crushed pepper corns.
- You can also make the pasta cheesy by adding cheese, milk and cornflour.
- People - 3
- Calories - 350kcal
- Fat - 12g
- Protein - 11g
- Carbohydrates - 48g
- Sugar - 5g
- Fiber - 8g