- 13 hrs ago Awareness Talk On The Occasion Of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- 1 day ago From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- 1 day ago Global Citizen Live: Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Kiara Advani, Hrithik Roshan To Participate
- 1 day ago R.1 COVID-19 Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- Sports IPL 2021, RCB vs MI: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: List Of Phones To Launch iQoo Z5 5G, Mi 11 Lite 5G, Oppo A And More
- News Punjab CM Charanjit Singh Channi stops vehicle to wish newly-married couple
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Grand Finale Highlights: Arjun Bijlani Wins The Show; Divyanka Is The First Runner-Up
- Finance 8 Countries Where Rupee Is Stronger
- Automobiles ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
If you are bored of eating plain rice, then it's high time you should try Pudina rice. It is a fragrant, spicy and tasty rice dish made using fresh mint leaves, basmati rice, onions, spices and tomatoes. You can also use fresh or frozen green peas and potatoes to make it a flavorful dish. The dish is quite simple and easy to prepare.
Besides mint leaves, some coriander leaves are also added. Today we have brought the recipe to prepare pudina rice. Scroll down to read on.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: meal
For The Mint Paste
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped coconut
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons of water for grinding
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- tej patta (Indian bay leaf)
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 small tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 small-medium potato, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1½ to 2 cups water
- salt as per requirement
1. Rinse the 1 cup basmati rice 3-4 times.
2. After you rinse the rice properly, soak it in water for 20-30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, take a cup of chopped mint leaves, chopped coconut, coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilies, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a grinder jar.
4. Grind into a fine paste by adding water in little quantities.
5. After 20-30 minutes, drain the rice and keep aside.
Making Pudina Rice
1. Take a pressure cooker and heat 2 tablespoons of oil in it.
2. Once the oil is heated, add 2 green cardamoms, 1 tej patta, 3 cloves,1 inch cinnamon stick and single strand of mace.
3. Saute the spices till they become aromatic. Make sure to saute on low-medium flame.
4. After this, add sliced onions.
5. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
6. Next, add the mint paste.
7. Now add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and ¼ teaspoon of red chili powder.
8. Saute the masala paste for 1-2 minute (s).
9. Add chopped potatoes, tomatoes and green peas into the mixture.
10. Stir and mix well.
11. Let the potatoes and tomatoes cook for 2-3 minutes.
12. Next, add the drained rice and stir gently.
Cooking Pudina Rice
1. Add 2 cups of water into the pressure cooker.
2. Stir well.
3. Add the salt into the pressure cooker.
4. Cover the lid tightly and pressure cook mint rice till 2 whistles.
5. Turn off the flame.
6. Open the lid once the pressure settles down.
7. Fluff the rice gently using a fork or big spoon.
8. Serve pudina rice with any raita of your choice.
- People - 3
- Calories - 425
- Fat - 11g
- Carbohydrates - 74
- Sugar - 4g
- Fiber - 7g