A quesadilla is a tortilla, usually a flour tortilla, but also sometimes made with a corn tortilla, which is filled with cheese and then grilled.
The filling can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian. The filling is usually of cheese plus you can add any kind of veggies or meat - like chicken or mutton. Here, chef MS Bhandari gives us a very easy recipe of the paneer quesadilla. Do make sure to have a look at it and try it!
Recipe By: Chef MS Bhandari
Recipe Type: Snacks
Cottage cheese - 1½ cup
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 8 leaves
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
Onion (chopped) - 1 medium
Garlic (chopped) - 4 cloves
Ginger (chopped) - 1
Curry powder - 1 tbsp
Yogurt - 1 cup
Kashmiri red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Green chilli (slit) - 1
Tortilla bread - 1
Boiled rajma - ½ cup
Mozzarella cheese - ½ cup
Salt to taste
Onions - 4-5
1. Take a heavy bottom pan.
2. Pour 1 tbsp of oil in the pan and heat the oil on low flame.
3. Put mustard seeds in oil and let the mustard crackle. Later, add the chopped onions and stir it for 2 minutes.
4. Add chopped garlic and ginger in the oil.
5. Whisk up the yoghurt in a cup.
6. Put it over the pan and stir for 2 minutes and now put the slit green chilli and red chilli powder along with curry powder.
7. Keep stirring it slowly, otherwise the paneer will tend to get broken.
8. Season it with salt and stir well.
9. Add paneer and also put the curry leaves in it and stir these slowly on medium heat.
10. Stir it until all the spices get combined with paneer.
11. Keep a sight and take a tortilla bread.
12. Put the above mixture in between the bread and also put some boiled rajma with this sprinkled paneer.
13. Keep it aside and take a tortilla bread and put the above mixture in between the bread.
14. Put some boiled rajma and sprinkle some grated mozzarella and a couple of diced onions.
15. Fold it in half-moon shape now and take a heavy bottomed pan and put some butter on it.
16. Now, grill the bread with red sauce over medium heat from both the sides, till it looks golden brown in colour.
17. Serve it hot with the sauce of your liking.
- 1. You can also add capsicum in the quesadilla according to your preference.
- Serving size - 1 quesadilla
- Calories - 80 cal
- Fat - 1 g
- Protein - 45 g
- Carbohydrates - 17 g
- Sugar - 10 g
- Dietary fibre - 6 g