It is a well-known fact that paneer or cottage cheese is very healthy for your body. It contains calcium and other vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the healthy being of all, whether young or old.
So, if your kids run away at the name of paneer, you can serve them paneer kulchas with their favourite achaar, raita or even sauce. Here are the ingredients and the recipe of paneer kulcha. Have a look and do try it at home.
Recipe By: Boldsky Staff
Recipe Type: Main Course
Refined flour - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Butter - 5 tbsp
Milk - 1 cup
Salt to taste
For The Stuffing:
Paneer (crushed) - 200 grams
Green chillies (finely chopped) - 4
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Chaat masala - 2 tsp
Onion (finely chopped) - 1
1. Take a vessel and add flour and baking powder into it. Keep it aside.
2. Now, take the milk jar and add butter, sugar and salt into it. Mix it well.
3. Then, pour that milk mixture into the flour and prepare the soft dough. Cover it with a soft muslin cloth and keep it resting for around 40 minutes.
4. Now, it's time to make the stuffing. Take a big bowl and add grated paneer, onions, coriander, green chillies, salt, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and chaat masala.
5. Mix all the ingredients well and keep it aside.
6. Take out a portion from the dough and roll it out into a thick disc.
7. Now, place the disc on your palm and stuff it with the stuffing you prepared.
8. Press the stuffing and gather the edges to seal the dough.
9. Now, apply flour on a surface and roll the dough with a light hand.
10. Take an oven tray and grease it with little oil.
11.Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree Celsius and bake those for 10-15 minutes.
12. After getting those out of the oven, brush the kulchas with butter.
13. Serve the kulchas hot.
- 1. You can cut them into quarters and make a platter with your favourite chutney.
- Serving size - 1 piece
- Calories - 150 cal
- Fat - 5 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 51 g