- 7 min ago Flashback Friday: Decoding Smita Patil’s Fashion From The Movie Mirch Masala
- 1 hr ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- 5 hrs ago Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 5 hrs ago Stay-At-Home Fashion Diaries: Hailey Bieber’s 3 Simple Looks That Can Give You Insta-Worthy Moments
- News COVID-19 Zydus Cadila gets emergency use approval for single dose of Virafin
- Movies Manoj Bajpayee Refuses To Celebrate His Birthday Because Nation Is Suffering; Says 'Does Not Feel Right'
- Sports IPL 2021: Best moment in life after my Test debut: Axar Patel
- Finance SBI Launches Video KYC Based Account Opening Feature, Details Inside
- Automobiles Current Lockdown & Curfew Restrictions Likely To Affect Car & Bike Sales Again In 2021
- Technology Vi Message Center Number: Get All States Vi Message/SMS Center Number Details
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
Ramen is a Japanese dish. It consists of Chinese-style wheat noodles served in a meat or fish-based broth, often flavoured with soy sauce or miso, and it uses toppings such as sliced pork, dried seaweed, menma and green onions.
Here, we are making the recipe of mushroom ramen, which is a full meal in all. This recipe uses a lot of veggies plus button mushrooms and white fungus as well.
It is served in a bowl. Do try this different recipe at home You can make it with normal ramen noodles that are available in the market.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Main course
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
White button mushrooms (quartered or halved) - 1cup
White fungus - ½ cup
Bean sprouts - ¼th cup
Green onions (sliced on the diagonal) - 2
Broccoli (blanched) - 40 g
Sweet corn boiled - 30 g
Ramen noodles - 200 g
For The Stock
Garlic clove (chopped) - 1
Chopped ginger - 1 tbsp
Leeks - 2
Onion - 1
Celery - 2
Water - 1 cup
Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Rice wine vinegar - 1 tbsp
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish - 1 tsp
1. Soak shiitake mushrooms and white fungus in hot water until soft, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Drain and reserve the soaked liquid.
3. Remove any stems and slice if whole.
4. Set aside.
5. Heat a large saucepan over medium-to-high heat.
6. Add vegetable oil.
7. When oil is hot enough, add the mushrooms, garlic and ginger.
8. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Stir in the soaked and sliced shiitake and white fungus mushrooms.
10. Cook for a minute.
To Make The Stock:
1. Add all the ingredients for the stock and the reserved mushroom liquid, water, soy sauce, sugar and rice wine vinegar.
2. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Boil water with some salt and add ramen noodles into the water and cook for 2-3 minutes until the ramen are cooked.
4. Using tongs, divide the noodles evenly among serving bowls.
5. Ladle in broth.
6. Arrange mushrooms, green onions, broccoli and corn over the top of the noodles.
7. Sprinkle with toasted sesame to garnish.
- 1. You can use the regular button mushrooms if the shiitake mushrooms are not available.
- Serving size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 200 cal
- Fat - 1 g
- Protein - 7 g
- Carbohydrates - 41 g
- Sugar - 4 g
- Dietary fibre - 2 g