- 7 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 8 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 9 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 10 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Ramen is a Japanese dish. It consists of Chinese-style wheat noodles served in a meat or fish-based broth, often flavoured with soy sauce or miso, and it uses toppings such as sliced pork, dried seaweed, menma and green onions.
Here, we are making the recipe of mushroom ramen, which is a full meal in all. This recipe uses a lot of veggies plus button mushrooms and white fungus as well.
It is served in a bowl. Do try this different recipe at home You can make it with normal ramen noodles that are available in the market.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Main course
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
White button mushrooms (quartered or halved) - 1cup
White fungus - ½ cup
Bean sprouts - ¼th cup
Green onions (sliced on the diagonal) - 2
Broccoli (blanched) - 40 g
Sweet corn boiled - 30 g
Ramen noodles - 200 g
For The Stock
Garlic clove (chopped) - 1
Chopped ginger - 1 tbsp
Leeks - 2
Onion - 1
Celery - 2
Water - 1 cup
Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Rice wine vinegar - 1 tbsp
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish - 1 tsp
1. Soak shiitake mushrooms and white fungus in hot water until soft, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Drain and reserve the soaked liquid.
3. Remove any stems and slice if whole.
4. Set aside.
5. Heat a large saucepan over medium-to-high heat.
6. Add vegetable oil.
7. When oil is hot enough, add the mushrooms, garlic and ginger.
8. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Stir in the soaked and sliced shiitake and white fungus mushrooms.
10. Cook for a minute.
To Make The Stock:
1. Add all the ingredients for the stock and the reserved mushroom liquid, water, soy sauce, sugar and rice wine vinegar.
2. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Boil water with some salt and add ramen noodles into the water and cook for 2-3 minutes until the ramen are cooked.
4. Using tongs, divide the noodles evenly among serving bowls.
5. Ladle in broth.
6. Arrange mushrooms, green onions, broccoli and corn over the top of the noodles.
7. Sprinkle with toasted sesame to garnish.
- 1. You can use the regular button mushrooms if the shiitake mushrooms are not available.
- Serving size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 200 cal
- Fat - 1 g
- Protein - 7 g
- Carbohydrates - 41 g
- Sugar - 4 g
- Dietary fibre - 2 g