Malai broccoli that too Tandoori - sounds so yummy and healthy, right? This recipe uses cheese and cream to marinate the broccoli with other spices and then it is roasted to give the smoky and crunchy flavour.
We are sure it's a scrumptious combination of health and taste. Chef Kasi Vishwanath gives us an amazing and tasty recipe of the malai broccoli, which is very easy to make at home. Take a look.
Recipe By: Chef Kasi Vishwanath
Recipe Type: Starters
Cheese - 20 g
Cream - 2 tbsp
Hang curd - ½ cup
Chillies (chopped) - 1 tbsp
Coriander root (chopped) - 1 tbsp
Ginger (chopped) - 2 tsp
Black cardamom powder - a pinch
White pepper powder - to taste
Salt - to taste
Salad oil - 2 tbsp
Sugar - to taste
Broccoli - 9-10 florets
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. In a separate bowl, keep some ice cold water ready.
3. Add a couple of teaspoons of salt to the pot.
4. Blanch the broccoli florets in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the florets from the pot and add them to the ice cold water.
6. Once cooled, remove the florets.
7. Post that, keep them aside to drain.
8. In a separate bowl, mix the cheese, ginger, cream, chillies, coriander root, black cardamom powder, salad oil, and sugar.
9. Add salt to taste. Marinate the broccoli florets in the mixture for at least an hour.
10. Preheat the clay oven.
11. Cook broccoli in the clay oven with the help of a tandoori skewer (for around 10-12 minutes).
12. Serve hot with some fresh onion salad.
- Serves - 2 pieces
- Calories - 741 cal
- Fat - 47.6 g
- Protein - 34.4 g
- Carbohydrates - 43.7 g
- Sugar - 6 g
- Dietary fibre - 8 g
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?