- 1 hr ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 1 hr ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 3 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 3 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- News PM Modi’s tweet on Lok Sabha polls victory crowned ‘Golden Tweet’ of 2019
- Sports South Asian Games: Vikas Krishan & Pinki Rani win gold as India finish boxing campaign with 16 medals
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Reportedly Walks Out Of Awards Show After Organizers Break Promise On Award
- Finance Bank Of Baroda Lowers Lending Rate By 20bps
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Hung curd, also known as chakka, is made by just straining the whey from the curd to make it into a thick consistency. Since it is rich in proteins and has a low fat content, it can be used as a substitute for cheese and cream.
Chakka, as it is popularly known in Maharashtra, is the main ingredient for making Srikhand and Amarkhand. Hung curd recipe can easily be made at home and can be added to any dish to get a creamy texture. It is also used for marination of paneer or chicken while preparing tikkas.
Hung yoghurt is delicious yet a healthy option for weight-watchers and can be used in dips and spreads instead of mayonnaise. Let us now see a step by step procedure, along with the images, and video of how to prepare the hung curd recipe.
Hung Curd Recipe Video
Recipe By: Meena Bhandari
Recipe Type: Condiments
Serves: 1 bowl
- Thick Curd - 500 g
- 1. Take an empty bowl and place the strainer on top.
- 2. Double a kitchen cloth and put it on the strainer.
- 3. Pour the curd in the cloth, hold up the ends of the cloth and squeeze it gently.
- 4. Once the water starts draining, keep it back on the strainer and refrigerate this for 6-8 hours.
- 1. A muslin cloth can be used instead of a kitchen cloth.
- 2. It is refrigerated, so that the hung curd does not turn sour.
- Serving Size - 1 small bowl
- Calories - 89
- Fat - 0.6 g
- Proteins - 15.0 g
- Carbohydrates - 5.4 g
- Fibre - 0.0 g
STEP BY STEP - HOW TO MAKE HUNG CURD
1. Take an empty bowl and place the strainer on top.
2. Double a kitchen cloth and put it on the strainer.
3. Pour the curd in the cloth, hold up the ends of the cloth and squeeze it gently.
4. Once the water starts draining, keep it back on the strainer and refrigerate this for 6-8 hours.