- 16 min ago Daily Horoscope: 04 March 2021
- 10 hrs ago Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- 10 hrs ago Maha Shivratri 2021: Things You Must Not Offer To Lord Shiva On This Day
- 11 hrs ago Vidya Balan’s Chic And Stylish Purple And Red Indo-Western Outfits Will Help You Rock This Wedding Season
- Technology Most Rated Samsung Smartphones On Amazon In India
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Re-Enter Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki In A Powerful Cameo Role?
- News TN election: In talks with 'like-minded' parties for alliance, says Kamal Haasan
- Sports India vs England: Pitch looks very similar to last Test: Root
- Automobiles 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
Upma is one of the delicious South Indian dishes that one can have. Prepared using sooji or rava, it is one of the healthies breakfast that you can have. This traditional dish contains various veggies such as peas, carrots, onions and gingers as well to give it a more nutritious and healthy touch. Whether you are heading for work or college, you can always say yes to upma. You may think that it is quite difficult to prepare upma but it's not. One can easily prepare it in no time.
In order to help you with the making of upma, we have brought the recipe of the dish. You can prepare this healthy and delicious dish. Scroll down the article to read more.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 cup of Sooji (rava)
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of urad dal
- 1 spring onion
- 1 inch finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilli
- 1-2 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 2 ½ cups of water
- salt as required
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- First of all, heat a pan. Roast the sooji or rava in the same pan.
- Keep the flame on medium and roast the sooji.
- Once the sooji turns aromatic, crispy and slightly golden, turn off the flame.
- Keep the roasted rava in a separate plate and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat ghee and add the mustard seeds along with curry leaves.
- Make sure the gas flame is on medium and the mustards don't burn.
- After this, add cumin seeds along with urad dal and chana dal.
- Fry the lentils until golden brown or lightly golden in colour.
- Add the finely chopped onions along with chopped chilies and ginger.
- Saute till onions become translucent.
- Add 2½ cups of water, sugar and salt as required. Mix well and let the water boil for 2-3 minutes.
- While keeping the gas flame medium add sooji into the pan.
- After adding the sooji, mix and stir immediately. Otherwise the sooji would form lumps.
- You will see that the sooji absorbs all the water but you still need to stir continuously.
- Once you are done mixing the sooji along with the ingredients in the pan, cover and cook the sooji for around 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Turn off the flame.
- Garnish the Upma with chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Serve upma with coconut chutney.
- Upma is one of the delicious South Indian dishes that one can have. Prepared using sooji or rava,
- People - 4
- kcal - 360 kcal
- Fat - 13 g
- Protein - 9 g
- Carbs - 52 g
- Fiber - 5 g