- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 07 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan's Natural Skincare Ingredient Is A God Given! 2 Ways You Can Use It!
- 12 hrs ago Experimental Breath Test To Detect Lung Cancer: Read About The Latest Scientific Development
- 13 hrs ago 3 Best Nutritional Supplements For Treating Hair Loss
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Goncalo Ramos nets a hattrick as Portugal win 6-1 to book quarterfinal berth
- News Delhi MCD Election Results 2022 LIVE: Will AAP end BJP's 15-year rule? Counting at 8 am
- Finance ICICI Securities Recommends Buy This Multibagger Midcap Engineering Stock, Sees Robust Gains
- Travel Unbelievable Things You Never Knew About Matterhorn Mountain
- Movies Pawan Kalyan’s Next: Fans Demand Makers To Rope In Anirudh Ravichander To Compose Music
- Education UPSC Mains 2022 Results Declared, 2079 Candidates qualified for Interview
- Automobiles Top 3 Crowd-Pullers At The India Bike Week 2022 – 822cc Himalayan & More
- Technology Realme UI 4.0 To Debut On December 8 In India: List Of Eligible Devices
Petha is a very popular sweet and its inception can be traced back to Agra. This sweet is extremely simple to make and a delight for taste buds. Diwali is here and therefore, with love and joy, it is a must to feast on sweets. If you have never tried Petha before, you can make it now at home and it will be ready in minutes.
With few basic ingredients, you can make something that is delicious and heartwarming. It is a chewy and soft sweet that looks like a candy that is translucent. This one is ideal for any festive or special occasion. Also, once you make it, you can store it in a refrigerator for several days and it will not lose its freshness. Check out the simple recipe for famous Agra Dry Petha.
How To Prepare Agra Dry Petha Sweet
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Sweet
Serves: 10 people (500 gms)
Agra Dry Petha Sweet
- Ash Gourd (Petha)- 2 kgs
- Sugar - 750 gms
- Water- 4 cups
- Alum (Phitkari)- 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice- 2 tbsp
- Water- 2 cups
1. Take a fresh ash gourd, wash and peel it. Once done, cut it into cubes and keep it aside in a large bowl.
2. Prick the cubes with a fork.
3. Squeeze one lemon and keep the juice aside in a separate bowl.
4. Once ash gourd is pierced, keep it aside.
5. Fill a large pan with water, add the add alum or phitkari powder.
6. Keep the pan over medium flame and boil it for 12-15 minutes.
7. Once done, drain it and rinse the ash gourd under the cold water thoroughly.
8. Taken the cooked ash gourd and add the sugar syrup.
9. In another pan, add water (2 cups) and sugar and cook it get dissolved over medium flame. Then add lemon juice to the syrup and put it in a low flame.
10. Add the cooked petha or ash gourd to the syrup and keep stirring it slowly till it completely absorbs the syrup.
11. Once done, take a tray and place them on it.
12. Once it becomes cool, serve it with toppings of your choice. You can add kesar, rose, mango or any other flavour.
- People - Serves 10
- Calories - 74 (per piece)
- Protein - 0 mg
- Carbohydrates - 18.5 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Fiber - 0 mg
- Christmas 2022: Cinnamon Roll Icing That Will Linger In Your Mouth
- Diwali 2022: Easy And Delicious Kesari Jalebi Recipe
- Jalebi Recipe: How To Make Delicious Jalebi At Home
- Lauki Ki Kheer Recipe: Prepare A Nice Dessert For Your Loved Ones
- Ragi Ka Halwa Recipe For Dessert
- Instant Thandai Recipe: How To Make Thandai At Home Instantly
- Bread Rasmalai Recipe: How To Make Bread Rasmalai For Holi
- Bread Malpua Recipe: How To Make Bread Malpua For Holi
- Banana-Tapioca Pearls Pudding Recipe: How To Make Kele Aur Sabudane Ki Kheer
- Potato-Sweet Potato Curry Recipe: How To Make Aloo Shakarkand Sabzi
- Vanilla Pudding With Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- Strawberry Panna Cotta Recipe