- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Automobiles Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Chicken dishes are very popular during the Ramzan season. Chicken is a good food item to eat when breaking the fast. It is a lean protein, which means that it has a very low fat content.
Therefore, it is healthier for you when compared to the red meat products, such as beef and mutton. It has low levels of cholesterol and is good for anyone who is struggling to maintain their cholesterol levels.
During the fast of Ramzan, it is important to make sure that your food contains all the nutrients that your body needs. During the period of the fast, the body is in a condition of starvation and deprivation. To refuel the body, you need to eat a balanced diet when you break the fast.
Recipe By: Boldsky Staff
Recipe Type: Main Course
1.Chicken - 1 kg
2.Pepper - 2 tsp
3.Butter - 2 tsp
4.Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
5.Green chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
6.Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
7.Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
9.Oil - to fry
10.Thinly sliced carrots - 1 cup
11.Thinly sliced potatoes - 1 cup
12.Broccoli - 1 cup
Make sure the chicken is cut into large pieces. Two whole legs and breast pieces will be a good way to look at it.
Take a pressure cooker and add the cleaned chicken pieces into it.
Powder 2 tablespoons of pepper. Freshly ground pepper is the best ingredient; but you may also use pepper powder available in the market.
Add the pepper powder into the pressure cooker. Mix it well.
Now, add the chilli sauce, soy sauce and the tomato ketchup. Again, mix the content in the pressure cooker well.
Now, add butter and garlic paste. Combine everything well.
If you are using salted butter, you will not need to add more salt. The sauces too have salt in them. Taste the gravy and then add the salt if required.
Do not add any water.
Close the pressure cooker and place it on the flame.
Let it cook until 2 whistles.
The chicken should only be half cooked. Remove the chicken pieces and reserve the liquid in the pressure cooker.
Now, take a frying pan and add oil into it.
When the oil is hot enough, add the chicken pieces into it and fry it on a medium flame, until the pieces are fully cooked.
Remove the pieces from the oil and set aside.
Take the finely chopped carrots and fry them in oil until crisp. This will take some time. Remove the carrots onto a kitchen towel.
In the same way, fry the potatoes until crisp and drain the excess oil onto a kitchen towel.
Take a pan and boil 2 cups of water. When it comes to a rolling boil, add some salt and the broccoli florets into it.
Let it boil for 2 minutes or until the broccoli becomes shiny green.
Take a frying pan and add some butter to it. When the butter melts, add a clove of chopped garlic into it. Sauté for a couple of seconds until the garlic is aromatic.
Now, add the drained broccoli florets into the butter and sauté well for 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and set it aside.
To assemble the chicken roast, place the chicken pieces on the plate and drizzle the reserved liquid on it. Then, garnish the chicken with the fried carrots and potatoes. Serve hot with a side of hot buttered broccoli.
- Serving size - 2 serve
- Calories - 375 cal
- Fat - 17.5 g
- Proteins - 24.2 g
- Carbohydrates - 26 g
- Sugar - 6 g
- Fibre - 5 g
The dish we bring to you today is a variation of the traditional chicken roast. While the traditional chicken roast is seared off in a pan and then transferred to an oven, this recipe calls for the chicken to be cooked in a pressure cooker. It is therefore very easy to cook this, which can be prepared for either Iftar or Suhoor.
- 15 Foods That May Help Prevent The Common Cold
- 10 Tips On How To Prevent Bird Flu In Humans
- Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And Its Health Benefits
- What Happens When We Drink Milk After Eating Chicken
- Chicken VS Turkey Nutrition
- 10 Foods High In Selenium Content
- 10 Foods Not To Eat Past Their Expiry Date
- Top 10 Foods That Can Turn Toxic When Cooked
- 10 Low-calorie Foods For Weight Loss
- Top Vitamin B5 Rich Foods To Include In Your Diet
- Vitamin B3 Benefits And Its Food Sources
- 10 Foods That Reduce Excess Stomach Acid