Bhatti masala is of course the prime ingredient of this chaat recipe.
It can either be bought readymade from the spice stores or you can learn to make it at home. A detailed procedure for the Bhatti masala is given here.
Chicken chaat is very popular among non-vegetarians who would like to enjoy some juicy meat with the flavour of the chaats. It is a quick recipe though it takes a bit of preparation time. If you have everything ready, you can serve it in minutes. Here is how you can go about it.
Recipe By: Boldsky Staff
Recipe Type: Snacks
Coriander seeds - ½ tsp
Fenugreek (methi) dried - ½ tsp
Peppercorn - ½ tsp
Garam masala - ½ tsp
Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 pinch
Chicken (boneless) small-sized pieces - 10
Lemons - 2 (juiced)
Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Tomato - 1 (diced and chopped)
Sprouts - 1 cup
Pineapple - 4 slices
Grapes (black) - 1 cup
Cucumber - ½ (sliced)
Lettuce - 4 leaves
Chaat masala - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - ½ tsp
Black salt - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. First, grind all the ingredients of the Bhatti masala in a blender.
2. Marinate the chicken pieces with this masala, salt and squeeze a lemon into it.
3. Leave it for half an hour while you chop the rest of the fruits and vegetables.
4. Heat oil in a shallow pan and saute the chicken pieces in it.
5.Cover and cook the chicken for 10 minutes on low flame.
6. Assemble all the chopped vegetables and fruits with the sprouts in a bowl. Toss the fried chicken pieces into it.
7. Season it with chaat masala and red chilli powder. Squeeze the other lemon into it. Sprinkle black salt.
8. Toss it up nicely and then refrigerate the chaat.
9. Serve chicken bhatti chaat chilled to your guests.
- Garam masala and other spices too can be included while adding the masala.
- Serving size - 1 serve
- Calories - 220 cal
- Fat - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 6 g
- Sugar - 2 g
- Fibre - 1 g