- 4 hrs ago Types Of Monsoon Diseases And Ways To Prevent Them
- 6 hrs ago How To Remove Nipple Hair Permanently At Home Using Natural Methods
- 7 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2020: Here’s The Date, Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- 7 hrs ago Remembering Saroj Khan As The Legendary Choreographer Who Wore Vibrant Salwar Suits
- Movies Aamir Khan’s Daughter Ira Khan Begins Adulting; Moves Into New House
- News Why prime minister of a strong India so weak, asks Cong on border standoff
- Technology BSNL Discontinues Rs.149 Postpaid Recharge Pack
- Finance RIL Only Indian Entity In Top 100 Global Companies To Thrive Amid The Pandemic
- Sports Coronavirus pandemic prompted Ferrari decision to ditch Vettel
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki XL5 Spotted Testing Once Again In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Do you have a kid who is unwilling to go to school? Have you ever tried to know the reason of his/her disinterest towards school?
Well, the reason might be the academic subjects that are being taught in his/her school. If that is the reason then you should really look into this matter very seriously.
No matter how obedient or well-behaved your kid is, if you do not help your kid to develop interest in academics, he/she can never find happiness in his/her school life.
The earlier your children start loving academics, the more they would be happier and successful in their lives.
You should explain your kids that learning is not just to please their teachers or parents. There should be a passion for learning. You should help your kid develop a passion for academics.
If you start helping your kids to love academics at an early age, they would continue this practice all through their lives, and it will ultimately help them achieve greater heights in their career.
This article highlights 7 ways to make your kid love academics. Read on the following tips to make your kid love his/her academics:
Give A Tranquil Place To Study
Make sure that your kid has his/her own study room where he/she can study attentively. Subjects like Mathematics need contemplation, regular practice and a focussed mind. Giving your kid a serene place or room to study is one of the 7 ways to make your kid love academics.
Set A Particular Time For Regular Study
Just like how your kid has a fixed time for sleeping and waking up daily, similarly you must fix a time for his/her daily study.
Turn Off All The Distractions
Whenever it is the study time of your kid, make sure that you turn off all the distractions in your home such as TV, radio, music system, computer, etc. This will help your kid to focus on his/her academics better.
Furnish Your Kid With Educational Materials
Textbooks and internet are just not enough to help your kids with their academics. You need to invest in various educational resources and references as well. These educational materials include yearbooks, CD-ROMs, encyclopedias, manuals, etc. Encourage your kids to read in their spare time. If your kids are in pre-school, make it a habit to read to them daily during bedtime. This is also one among the 7 ways to make your kid love academics.
Let Your Kids Gain Knowledge Through TV Channels
A majority of the parents believe that watching too much television can have negative effects on their kids. However, studies say that many brilliant students have gained extra knowledge through some educational and knowledgeable TV channels. Allow your kids to watch TV for a couple of hours and encourage them to watch channels like National Geographic or Discovery, so that they can enhance their knowledge in the relevant subjects like Geography, History, etc.
Communication Is A Must
It is extremely important to communicate with your kids on a daily basis. Make it a habit to have an open discussion with them daily. Ask them whether they are having any difficulty in any particular subject. Help your kids with that particular subject by either guiding them yourself or by hiring a reputable tutor for them. This is one of the 7 ways to make your kid love academics.
Do Not Scold
Never scold your kid if he/she couldn't score well in any particular subject. Sometimes, parents put too much pressure on their kids to score well in a particular subject. This can create a terror for that particular subject. Instead of scolding or pressurising your child, support your kid even if he/she scores less, this will help him/her perform better the next time.