- 11 hrs ago World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 14 hrs ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 15 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 15 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Let Bollywood Divas Inspire You To Wear Gorgeous Light Festive Outfits
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Elimination: Shocking! Mahira Sharma Safe; Abu Or Dey - Who Might Get Evicted?
- News Maharashtra polls: Rs 142 crore cash, 975 weapons seized so far
- Sports Premier League Review: Alli saves Spurs as Chelsea and Leicester City march on
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
It is easy for the kids to get threatened by even very low levels of violence, between the parents. It will get them at an increased risk of developing trauma symptoms.
The children who witness violence between their mother and her intimate partner report fewer trauma symptoms, if they don't perceive the violence as threatening.
Even very low levels of violence, if interpreted as threatening by children, can influence the development of trauma in children. It can become an upsetting stressful event for the baby, which may haunt all its life.
The study of 532 children and their mothers, participated the study conducted by the researchers. They looked at the link between intimate partner violence and trauma symptoms in children. The families were recruited from communities in the urban Dallas area.The researchers presented their findings at the "National Summit on Interpersonal Violence and Abuse Across the Lifespan: Forging a Shared Agenda in Dallas.