- 3 hrs ago Monthly Horoscope July 2022: Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 01 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 1: Date, Time, Rituals, Significance, And Puja Mantras
- 16 hrs ago Plastic Ban From 1 July: 14 Eco-Friendly Alternatives For Everyday Plastics
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2T Price Leaked Just Ahead Of Launch: Cheaper Than Nord 2?
- Movies Avatar The Way of Water: Kate Winslet's Look As Ronal, A Na'vi Warrior Revealed
- Finance Prices of Commercial LPG Cylinders Slashed in India
- News Shinde takes big decision, to shift Metro car shed back to Aarey
- Education TS TET Result 2022 To Be Out Today On tstet.cgg.gov.in, Steps To Check Telangana TS TET 2022 Results
- Sports Victoria Lee excited to focus on MMA career after graduating from high school
- Automobiles 2022 TVS Radeon Launched In India: Gets New Features Including LCD Screen & Real-Time Mileage
- Travel Best Monsoon Beach Destinations In India
Couples who intend to take the surrogacy route to becoming parents will have to buy a general health insurance coverage in favour of a surrogate mother for a period of 36 months, according to the Surrogacy (Regulation) Rules issued recently.
The insurance amount should be sufficient enough to cover expenses for all complications arising out of the pregnancy and also postpartum delivery complications.
According to the rules notified by the Union health ministry on June 21, the number of attempts of any surrogacy procedure on the surrogate mother should not be more than three times.
The surrogate mother may be allowed for abortion during the process of surrogacy in accordance with the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971.
The Surrogacy (Regulation) Act, 2021 came into force on January 25 this year. The rules issued on Monday also mentioned the requirements and qualifications for persons employed at a registered surrogacy clinic, besides the form and manner for registration and fee for a surrogacy clinic.
The format of the consent form of a surrogate mother is also given in the rules.
"The intending woman or couple shall purchase a general health insurance coverage in favour of the surrogate mother for a period of 36 months from an insurance company or an agent recognised by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority established under the provisions of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act, for an amount which is sufficient enough to cover all expenses for all complications arising out of pregnancy and post-partum delivery complications," the rules stated.
In this regard, the intending couple/woman also has to give an affidavit in court as a guarantee of compensation for medical expenses, health issues, specified loss, damage, illness or death of the surrogate mother and such other prescribed expenses incurred on such surrogate mother during the process of surrogacy.
The gynaecologist will transfer one embryo into the uterus of a surrogate mother during a treatment cycle. Provided that only in special circumstances, up to three embryos may be transferred, the rules said.
A woman may opt for surrogacy if she has no uterus or missing uterus or abnormal uterus or if the uterus is surgically removed due to any medical condition such as gynaecological cancer.
One can opt out also in cases of multiple pregnancy losses resulting from an unexplained medical reason, or any illness that makes it impossible for a woman to carry a pregnancy to viability or pregnancy that is life threatening, among others.
- healthParliament Passes Surrogacy Bill; Seeks To Constitute National Surrogacy Board
- basicsWhat Is Surrogacy? Why Are Couples Opting For Surrogacy? What Are The Legalities Of Surrogacy In India?
- basicsAll You Need To Know About Surrogacy
- wellnessThings To Keep In Mind While Buying Health Insurance With Pre-Existing Conditions
- basicsMother's Day 2022: How Does Motherhood Affect A Woman's Life, Emotionally And Physically?
- babyTransmission Of COVID-19 Infection From Mother To Baby Rare: BMJ Study
- basicsInternational Women's Day Special: 12 Possible Causes Of Premature Or Early Menopause
- menPunjab Polls: Conjoined Twins Vote Separately, Given Dark Glasses For Secrecy
- basicsWhat Is Pregnancy Brain? Symptoms, Causes And Management
- prenatalWhat Does It Mean To Have Placenta Previa Or Low Lying Placenta? Symptoms, Causes And Treatments
- basicsPregnant, Lactating Mothers Made Aware Of Side Effects Of Covid-19 Vaccination, Centre Tell SC
- prenatalWhat Is A Mucus Plug? What Does Losing Your Mucus Plug Mean During Pregnancy?