- 1 hr ago Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- 4 hrs ago Erica Fernandes Is The Epitome Of Beauty In Her Pretty Anarkali And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- 9 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 26 September 2020
- 19 hrs ago Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Movies Thalapathy Vijay Attends SP Balasubrahmanyam's Funeral; Consoles Legendary Singer's Son SP Charan
- News 3 volunteers to get 1st dose of Covishield during trials in Mumbai today
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: FC Goa signs James Donachie from Newcastle Jets on loan
- Finance Likhitha Infrastructure Rs 61.2-crore IPO To Open On Sept 29; Price Band Fixed
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Lite Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch; Could Be Rebranded F17 Pro
- Automobiles MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
A new study claims that consumption of foods rich in Vitamin D can help pregnant mothers minimise certain risks for their babies. According to this study, the children of mothers who consume enough of vitamin D during pregnancy will have a lower risk of developing certain types of allergies.
But it doesn't mean that pregnant mothers should opt for vitamin D supplements; a better way to do it is by consuming certain foods rich in vitamin D. They include eggs, fish, cereals, mushrooms and dairy.
We all know that Vitamin D is very important for the functioning of the immune system too. It also plays a very important role in preventing certain allergies and asthma.
After studying more than a 1000 women from pregnancy to childbirth and till the children reach 7 years of age, researchers concluded that consumption of vitamin D during pregnancy can have some benefits.
This study also claims that the positive effects were seen mostly in women who got their vitamin D through foods instead of supplements.
The risks of allergies in children can be reduced up to 20% when mothers consume enough of vitamin D during pregnancy.
It is better to consult your doctor about the foods that can contribute enough of nutrients to you during pregnancy.
Your diet and lifestyle before pregnancy and during pregnancy play a very important role in the health of your baby.