- 4 min ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 17 min ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- 47 min ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- 1 hr ago UK Lesbian Couple Becomes The First To Carry Their Child In Both Their Wombs
- Technology Airtel Might Become Foreign Entity As Bharti Telecom Seeks Government Nod
- Sports Rishabh Pant gets backing from Brian Lara, Kevin Pietersen
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Public Issue To Open On December 12
- Movies Ranveer Singh Kisses Shahid Kapoor On The Cheek And Shuts Down Rumours Of Cold War!
- News Not a single citizen will be allowed to turn a refugee due to NRC, CAB: Mamata
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
The black taffeta gown, which Diana wore shortly before her engagement to Charles in 1981, has recently turned up in a wardrobe at the studio of dressmakers David and Elizabeth Emanuel and now is set to fetch up to 50,000 Pounds at Kerry Taylor auction.
This dress had made quite a stir in the media. The young Lady Diana wearing this dress had to bend down to get out of the car. The headlines in the next day's newspaper was, "Daring Di sets fashion as she takes the plunge".
It was then an unusual choice, as the Royal Family wore the colour only in the time of mourning. But the 19 year old Lady Diana, did not bother, all she wanted was to look elegant and grown-up.
The public, however, went wild over the dress. At the time to her wedding, the Lady lost so much weight that she returned the gown to the Emanuels to have it taken in.
The alterations required were so drastic that they decided, to rather re-make a smaller version for her. They kept the original and then the whole thing was forgotten.
This gown later went on to be part of the Emanuel Archive of Princess Diana.The collection portrays the transformation of the Princess from a young, inexperienced teenager into a world-renowned style icon.
A large part of the Emanuel Archive boasts the Royal wedding gown, toils for the bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses, the layered tulle petticoat worn by the Princess for fittings and rehearsals at St Pauls Cathedral, and a duplicate sequined veil.All these are expected worth 175,000 Pounds.
It also contains invoices, letters from the Princess' mother, correspondence with Buckingham Palace and a photographic record of the making of the bridal gown.
The collection also features fashion designs for the Princess' official tours to Venice 1984 and the Middle East in 1986.