- Sports India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI, Live Score: Kohli & Co, Finch and band look for series win in Bengaluru
- News Anti-CAA: Blankets of protesting women snatched by police near Clock Tower in Lucknow
- Technology Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Kiran Uttam Ghosh showcases her designs based on the 'post American modernism', depicting the abstract artwork of that era.
The collection was offered in essentially black with brown, white and a patchwork of several other bright colours.
"It was actually based on post-American modernism. It is called abstract-expressionistic art. It took weighing in America in the post World War-II, which was in the late 1940s and flourished in early 1960s and it was just abstract art. You have a canvas, you take what you want to do with it and actually put New York on the map of the art world, which till now existed only in Paris. So that is what inspired me. That's when I looked into the few pictures of modern art from that period, which just inspired me," says Ghosh.
The WLIFW-AW 2010 will witness the participation of 130 designers, among which 19 are debutantes. 75 of them will present interesting shows. The event is hosted by the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI).
The fashion extravaganza will feature 43 shows.