- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 9 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lion Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
According to an international survey, the number of people using the net on a more personal level has significantly risen, New Zealand being ranked at the top.
A World internet Project report found a rise in internet usage of 83 percent last year from 79 per cent in 2007.
Social networking sites are the reason for this hike and Facebook is leading the charts. Everyone prefers Facebook because it gives solutions to both personal and professional needs.
Peter Griffin believes, “it's only going to increase. People may get Facebook fatigue, or change fads, but the trend is always towards more people using the internet."
Auckland University of Technology professor Allan Bell, too notices the change. He said: "The price of being a have-not goes up if most of the people are haves. Very frequently today you are referred to a website for further information. If somebody doesn't have that access or ability, then they are disadvantaged in terms of the information or the entertainment."
The union of internet with other forms of technology has also added to the popularity of this medium.