- Sports India’s first Global Sports Injury Conclave held in Bengaluru
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Massive Discounts on Budget Smartphones
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
In India, New Delhi, to celebrate this day with much happiness there was a large number of school and college students who had gathered to participate in the 'Friendship Walk', that was organized in Andhra Pradesh. Navya, a school student had stated that, “ A friend is a one who helps us in our bad times. He is the one who comes in when other people go out. So, today is a day on which enemies can also turn friends."
Nature lovers also shared a special bond as there was a group of people who had come together to plant trees , thereby hailing their friendship with the beautiful nature. Megha Chaudhary, a local, had said that, “ We have decided to teach the children to grow plants and trees on Friendship Day and become friends with nature first. This is because kids have the ability of learning things faster." This is a good way to bring up the children, loving God's creation and appreciating it will help the child bond faster with people, Megha further added, “ So, we want them to imbibe this in themselves that they have to think about their country, society and themselves, and how to bring development in the nation."
In 1935, the U.S. started a trend of dedicating a day for honoring their friendship. The Friendship Day walk , was a good idea and many enjoyed the activity, Sabbam Hari , a lawyer stated that , “ These types of events are very important to develop the feeling of friendship in the present generation, and to avoid the negative feeling among them. Next year, we will celebrate this with a lot more grandeur."In regard to the event and its success , he further added that, “ We will take this tradition ahead and encourage this among the people of Visakhapatnam. People are very friendly in nature and this is a very good event."
The festival had gained so much success and popularity that many of the nations across the globe adopted this tradition and started celebrating 'Friendship Day' on the first Sunday of August.