- Technology Black Shark Joins Hands With Tencent Games For Its Upcoming Gaming Smartphone
- Finance HDFC Bank Shares Tank Over 1% On Higher Provisioning In Q3FY20
- Movies IT'S OFFICIAL! Karan Johar To Present Vijay Deverakonda's VD10 With Puri Jagannadh; Read Deets
- Sports KL Rahul set to continue as wicketkeeper-batsman for a while: Virat Kohli
- News Budget 2020: Modi govt plans to restrict purchase of Duty-free liquor to one bottle, cigarettes
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
These reports also claimed them to be selfish and rude.
After the firm had released the results of the survey online, the spokesman of My Type gave his not so worthy appraisal of ipad owners on the company' blog. Tim Koelkebeck had said that about 96 percent of the iPad critics actually do not own an iPad , but they generally are independent , minded young people who thereby “shun conformity"
They are listed too in the the survey under , 'Geeks'- people interested in video games , computers, science and the internet basically. Here only four percent would own Apple's magical device and thirty three percent would be of critics.
The study which was called "Prevalence of iPad Owners and Critics by Psychographic Segment" divided the respondents into "iPad Owners" and "iPad Critics". And if one noticed among the average population about three percent of the IPad owners are compared to eleven percent critics.
Apple is the brand of choice when it came to Selfish Elites and only four percent were willing to criticize the iPad,while eighteen percent owned or planned to buy one.
Where the geeks are concerned the iPad-bashing was an identity statement , but the device had the capacity to divide the geeks.
Koelkebeck stated that, “ A large segment of "mainstream" geeks would actually buy an iPad, whereas the bashers were more of the Linux-using variety."
These guys and the girls too are known for their strong desire to be in control of their gadgets, compelling them to learn code and tinker with hardware. “Think of them as the original, 'pure' technology geeks, before geeks gained its mainstream appeal." , he further added.
On the final harsh truth on what it means to be an independent iPad-bashing geek , he added that, “ They"re impressed by technology breakthroughs and advances in speed, storage, and other quantitative qualities. They love to be on the edge of technology."
“ As a mainstream, closed-platform device whose major claim to fame is ease of use and sex appeal, the iPad is everything that they are not. “ Tim finally quoted.