- 4 hrs ago World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- 9 hrs ago British Fashion Awards 2019: Rita Ora Dazzles In A Flaming Eye Make-up
- 10 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Checkered Outfits Can Totally Keep You Warm
- 10 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Recent Outfits Are What You Can Pick For DJ Night, Festivals And Red Carpet
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
"I just felt that a retrospective is like a celebration and to be going for my own celebration to a country or a region that has witnessed such horrific acts against my own countrymen to be not very ethical. I have very politely excused myself," Bachchan said.
The attacks, which Indian media have called race-based, have caused some diplomatic discomfort. The Indian Government summoning the Australian Ambassador last week to convey its concern and urge action. The prime ministers of the two countries also discussed the attacks that have dominated newspaper and television headlines in India.
A gang at a Melbourne party attacked four Indian students with a screwdriver last weekend. One of the victims remains in hospital with serious injuries. Another Indian student was attacked in what appeared to be a robbery, and there were three other attacks in early May, including two on Indian taxi drivers.