- 54 min ago Indo-Pak Lesbian Couple Slams TikTok For Removing Their Video: 'Rumours About Homophobia Are True'
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 2 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- Movies Kartik Aaryan Or Ayushmann Khurrana; Who Will Play Elvis Of Punjab In Imtiaz Ali's Next?
- News Kopardi rape case: Pro-Maratha outfit seeks speedy justice in
- Sports Champions League preview: Liverpool face tricky test at Salzburg
- Technology Massive Asteroid Approaching Earth At 44,172 Km/h; Should You Worry?
- Travel Northern India By Rail | A Five Day Circular Trip
- Finance Yes Bank Falls On Reports Of Jhunjhunwala Shelving Investment Plan In The Bank
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Dr Yadav, backed by CPN-UML and Madhesi Janaadhikar Forum (MJF) bagged 308 votes out of total 590 while his rival Maoist candidate Ram Raja Prasad Singh, supported by Tarai-Madhes Democratic Party secured 282 votes. Dr Yadav was also supported by other small parties.
The chairman of the Constituent Assembly Kul Bahadur Gurung announced the result in its meeting here this afternoon.
The presidential election had to be re-scheduled for today after the two candidates failed to secure a majority in the voting by the 594 CA members on July 19.
However, on the same day, MJF leader Parmananda Jha became the country's first Vice-president securing 305 votes.
After the final declaration, the members of NC, CPN-UML, MJF and other parties with their supporters, have now started the huge victory rally from Baneswore to different places of Kathmandu.
The newly appointed president will be sworn in tomorrow by the Chief Justice of Supreme Court.
|Nepal's First President Is Sworn In!|