- 6 hrs ago Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
- 7 hrs ago Prominent Chennai Hospital Perform India’s First True Robotic Bariatric Surgery Using Robotic Staplers
- 9 hrs ago Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s Bridal Look Is Winning The Social Media; Kudos To Stylist Preetham Jukalker
- 10 hrs ago Vitamin D May Protect Severe Covid Infection, Death: Study
- Finance Airlines To Operate At 85% Of Pre-Covid Domestic Flights: Civil Aviation Ministry
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT Finale: Pratik Sehajpal Is 1st Confirmed Contestant Of Bigg Boss 15; Here's When It'll Be Aired!
- Sports Burnley 0-1 Arsenal: Odegaard secures back-to-back wins for Gunners
- Automobiles Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- News Govt hikes domestic flight capacity to 85%
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on Saturday that August 14 will be observed as Partition Horrors Remembrance Day in the memory of the struggles and sacrifices of people, saying the pain of partition can never be forgotten.
Modi noted that millions of people were displaced and many lost their lives due to mindless hate and violence caused by the partition.
May the Partition Horrors Remembrance Day, the prime minister said, keep "reminding us of the need to remove the poison of social divisions, disharmony and further strengthen the spirit of oneness, social harmony and human empowerment".
Pakistan was carved out as a Muslim country after the division of India by the British colonial rule in 1947, and millions of people were displaced and many lakhs of them lost their lives as large scale rioting broke out.
India will be celebrating its 75th Independence Day on Sunday.