- 1 hr ago 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- 5 hrs ago Floral- Perfect! Pooja Hegde’s Pink Traditional Outfit Is Ideal For Upcoming Festive Occasions
- 7 hrs ago From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- 10 hrs ago Upma Recipe: How To Make It At Home
- Sports India vs Australia: We faltered in execution, admits Josh Hazlewood
- News Supreme Court-appointed panel on farm laws to hold first meeting on Jan 19
- Movies Usthad Ghulam Mustafa Khan Passes Away: Lata Mangeshkar, AR Rahman, Pay Tribute To The Legendary Singer
- Automobiles Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Diwas. The day marks the formation and adoption of the Constitution in India. On this day in 1949, the constitution was formally adopted by the Constituent Assembly Of India. However, the Constitution came into force on 26 January 1950. The day is also observed as the National Law Day. On this day, we are here to tell you more about this day. Read on.
It was in the year 1928, when the All Parties Conference decided to form a committee in Lucknow that would prepare the Constitution of India. This was also known as the Nehru report. On 6 December 1946, Constituent Assembly was formed. On 11 December 1946, the Constituent Assembly appointed Dr. Rajendra Prasad its President while H.C Mukherjee was appointed the Vice-Chairman of the committee.
After India gained its independence from the British Raj, the Constituent Assembly appointed Dr. B.R Ambedkar as its Chairman.
On 26 November 1949, the Constitution of India was passed and adopted. But it was decided that the Constitution will come into force on 26 January 1950. This was decided to mark the importance of 26 January as this was the date when Independence Day was first celebrated in Lahore (then part of the undivided India).
The decision of observing 26 November as the Samvidhan Diwas Or National Law Day was taken on 19 November 2015 by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The day is also intended to give tribute to Dr. B.R Ambedkar, the first Law Minister of India.
- The day marks the hardwork and dedication of Dr. B.R Ambedkar in drafting and framing the Constitution of India.
- On this day the students are asked to read out the preamble of the constitution and acknowledge the importance of the Constitution.
- Children are encouraged to participate in various programmes and events related to this day.
- Students and youths are explained the contribution of Dr. B.R Ambedkar in framing the Constitution of India.