- 11 hrs ago Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- 12 hrs ago National Girl Child Day (24 January): Healthy Food For Teenage Girls
- 12 hrs ago National Tourism Day 2021: History And Significance Of This Day
- 14 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 24 January To 30 January
- News PM Oli removed from Nepal's ruling party amid political chaos
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Sidharth Shukla Shows The Mirror To Nikki Tamboli And Aly Goni About Their Conduct In The House
- Sports Hero I-League: TRAU grab first win of season against Chennai City
- Automobiles 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Every year, 24 December is observed as the National Consumer Rights Day in India. The day is observed with an intention of highlighting the importance of the consumer movement in India. The movement on the other hand was intended to make consumers aware of their responsibilities and rights. On this National Consumer Rights Day, we tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more.
On 24 Decmber 1986, the Consumer Protection Act was enacted. The act aims to provide effective measures to consumers for safeguarding themselves against various kinds of exploitation such as unfair trade practices, deficiency in services and defective goods.
However, in 2019 the Parliament nodded to the landmark Consumer Protection Bill which is intended to safeguard a consumer's rights by establishing an authority that would work toward the timely and effective administration. The authority would also look into matters related to customers' dispute, if any.
Every year the National Consumer Rights Day is observed with a different theme. The theme for National Consumer Rights Day 2020 is 'The Sustainable Consumer'.
- During this pandemic, we have faced a lot of problems due to the lockdown.
- As consumers of various goods and products, we need to fight against the world rises of the change in the global temperature along with the losses in biodiversity.
- This year's theme is intended to amke policies on the basis of the lifestyle of different consumers.
- The government along with the business men should make efforts to help customers choose their desired goods and products as per their budget and choices.