- 28 min ago Ram Navami 2021: Powerful Mantras Of Lord Rama That You Can Chant
- 15 hrs ago Ramadan 2021: Is It Safe For People With Diabetes To Fast? COVID-19, Associated Risks And Management
- 16 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Different Names Of Lord Rama Along With Their Meanings
- 17 hrs ago Lily Collins, Dove Cameron, And Disha Patani Show How To Rock Pastel Makeup Like A Pro During Summer
- Movies Hemal Ingle To Make Her Television Debut With Sulagna Panigrahi Starrer Vidrohi
- Technology Week 16, 2021 Launch Roundup: ZTE Axon 30 Ultra, ASUS ROG Phone 5, Sony Xperia 10 III, And More
- News Maharashtra govt harassing Remdesivir supplier because BJP leaders had approached him: Devendra Fadnavis
- Sports IPL 2021: MI vs SRH: Match report: Kieron Pollard, Rahul Chahar, Trent Boult shine for Mumbai Indians
- Automobiles Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- Finance What is Demand Draft Validity Period?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Every year, 24 December is observed as the National Consumer Rights Day in India. The day is observed with an intention of highlighting the importance of the consumer movement in India. The movement on the other hand was intended to make consumers aware of their responsibilities and rights. On this National Consumer Rights Day, we tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more.
On 24 Decmber 1986, the Consumer Protection Act was enacted. The act aims to provide effective measures to consumers for safeguarding themselves against various kinds of exploitation such as unfair trade practices, deficiency in services and defective goods.
However, in 2019 the Parliament nodded to the landmark Consumer Protection Bill which is intended to safeguard a consumer's rights by establishing an authority that would work toward the timely and effective administration. The authority would also look into matters related to customers' dispute, if any.
Every year the National Consumer Rights Day is observed with a different theme. The theme for National Consumer Rights Day 2020 is 'The Sustainable Consumer'.
- During this pandemic, we have faced a lot of problems due to the lockdown.
- As consumers of various goods and products, we need to fight against the world rises of the change in the global temperature along with the losses in biodiversity.
- This year's theme is intended to amke policies on the basis of the lifestyle of different consumers.
- The government along with the business men should make efforts to help customers choose their desired goods and products as per their budget and choices.