- 49 min ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 2 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Next, you might be thinking what equipment you require to pursue this sport. All you need is quality sport wear (one that won't tear off easily!), goggles and of course, a great liking to getting wet from head-to-toe. Once you are ready with the essentials, all you need to do find the top water rafting places in India and choose the best for yourself. There are several travel agencies that offer river rafting packages in various destinations. If you are already an expert take up the challenge yourself. Or, if you are an amateur, you can opt for a trained crew, who'll take you on a great journey on the tumultuous river.
Tops places in India for white water rafting -
1.Himalayan Rivers: The Himalayan rivers are best suited for the highly spirited rafter. The Alkananda River rafting stretch that goes along Rudraprayag is most sought after.
2.Uttaranchal: Shivapuri in Uttaranchal is a favorite spot for all those seeking the rafting adventure. Gharwal, Gangotri, Nanital etc are only few of the many places that offer thrilling rafting experiences to all.
3.Rishikesh: River Ganga in Rishikesh is yet another white water rafting spot in India that offers great opportunities to energetic rafters. Right from Kaudiyala to Rishikesh, there are almost 12 rapids that offer exciting challenges to every rafter.
4.Ladakh: The spots between Spituk and Saspol on the Indus River are well-known for the white water rafting opportunities they provide. One of the most difficult rides can be experienced on Zanskar River, which is located in India.
5.Himachal Pradesh: Various rivers of Himachal such as Chandrabhaga, Satluj, Ravi and Beas offer wonderful opportunities for rafting. The 20-kilometer stretch between Aut and Shamshi on the Beas, is something that cannot be missed while on a rafting adventure.
6.Arunachal Pradesh: Brahmaaputra River, with its great cascading waters, is one rafting adventure that is once in a lifetime experience. The fact that it is not easily accessible makes it one hot place for water rafting in India.
7.Sikkim: Eastern Himlayas' Teesta River offers a unique combination of adventure in the laps of nature. The rapids that regularly interrupt the river are just amazing spots for river rafting.
8.Maharashtra: Kolad, home to the Kundalika River, is a superb water rafting place in South India, where rafters can have a great time. The almost 15-kilometer stretch of rapids along this river provide ample opportunities for an exciting experience.
9.Coorg: River Barapole in Dakshina Kannada, specially the upper river, provides innumerable rafting opportunities. Dandeli is yet another popular white water rafting spot that offers both long and short runs along the river.
All these places are great picnic spots as well and offer other outdoor sports such as kayaking, paragliding and trekking. Among other activities, white water rafting is a great adventure sport in India and for those seeking a complete break from a hectic schedule. So, choose your best place, grab your sports gear and venture out to enjoy!