- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Nearly 10 million baby girls have been killed in India in the last twenty years. Some of the ramifications are manifesting themselves already. In certain areas of Punjab and Haryana, young brides are being "imported". Much worse, young brides are being 'shared' by brothers! Though this problem looks insurmountable, solutions need to be found. And found urgently.
FLO is partnering with UNFPA, Corporates and the Government. In Bombay Ms Supriya Sule, Ms Priya Dutt, Ms Smita Thackeray, Ms Anita Dongre, Shri Yash Chopra, Shri Javed Akhtar, Shri Prasoon Joshi, Shri Sachin Tendulkar, Ms Saira Banu are all our resource persons supporting this initiative of FLO.
Commenting on the occasion Ms Kiran Gera, National President FLO said, "We at FLO have raised the issue of how the ratios of boys: girls are getting dangerously skewed and how this will create major social problems. And this is the reality, whether we accept it or not."
Speaking on the occasion Mr. Mehul Choksi Chairman Gitanjali Group said." by partnering with FLO, we at Gitanjali would like to endorse this let's celebrate the girl before we celebrate the diamonds. In India there is a prevalent myth of the son being the fore bearer of the family name, which should be broken.
Ms Vinita Bimbhet, Chairperson FLO said "FLO brings to you a unique musical evening through this presentation of live songs, interviews etc, FLO would be felicitating the stars on their innumerable achievements as artists and most importantly as nurturing and supportive parents of their daughters.