- 4 hrs ago Bigg Boss 16 ‘Circus Theme’ House Reflects Bold Colours, Effervescent Patterns, And Eclectic Vibe
- 5 hrs ago Nobel Prize For Literature: French Writer Annie Ernaux Wins Award
- 5 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Breathe Easy, This Sale Season: Upto 40% Off On Air Purifier
- 6 hrs ago Karva Chauth 2022: Alia Bhatt To Katrina Kaif, Red Ethnic Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- News Cough syrups linked to Gambia child deaths not sold in India: Centre
- Finance Small Cap Stock, 8% Away From 52-Week Low, To Conduct Stock Split; 5 Years Return 6416%
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 9: Prashanth Sambargi Suffers An Emotional Breakdown After He Fails To Perform Well In Task
- Sports ISL 2022-23: Kerala Blasters vs East Bengal; Preview, Kick-off time, Live telecast and Live Streaming details
- Automobiles New Ola Electric Scooter Incoming: Will Be Launched Around Diwali & Priced At Around Rs 80,000
- Technology Redmi Pad Review: Redefining Budget Tablet Category
- Education Jamia Millia Islamia launches new MSc Virology program: know details and how to apply
- Travel Sahara Desert: Largest Hot Desert in The World
London : Bollywood actor Salman Khan joined the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai at Madame Tussauds here, when the superstar specially flew in to unveil his wax replica.
In a public poll conducted late last year, Khan beat nine other Indian mega stars, including Madhuri Dixit, Hrithik Roshan, Rani Mukherji, Karan Johar, Kajol, Lata Mangeshkar, Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and John Abraham, to find his place in the historic museum.
His statue, wearing a body hugging black T-shirt and black jeans given by Harley Davidson, is the first Bollywood star to be casually attired. While Amitabh Bachchan's is in a traditional Indian outfit, Shahrukh Khan's is in his signature black suit and Aishwarya's is in a red sari.
Salman said yesterday at the unveiling ceremony, "Very few Indians have the privilege and it feels good to be a part of it. We have Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya, Shah Rukh and I think I am one of the most deserving in the museum." Nicky Hobbs of Madame Tussauds said, "We received over 10,000 votes in the poll from fans and visitors, and were thrilled that Salman Khan came out top.
"The Asian market is critical to our attraction and our association with Bollywood has seen a dramatic increase in the number of domestic and overseas Asians visiting and enjoying the museum. We hope to build upon this exciting relationship with the unveiling of Salman's statue."
- menPM Narendra Modi Receives 1st Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award At Ceremony In Mumbai
- womenLata Mangeshkar: A Look At The Legendary Singer’s Iconic Sarees
- art cultureLata Mangeshkar: The Legendary Indian Singer's Journey, As She Leaves For Her Heavenly Abode
- art cultureLegendary Indian Singer Lata Mangeshkar Passes Away At 92
- womenLata Mangeshkar Birthday: Lesser-Known Facts About 'The Nightingale Of India'
- womenHappy Birthday Lata Mangeshkar: Her Early Life, Career And Awards
- fashion trendsRanu Mondal's New Wardrobe Includes Gorgeous Saris And Gold Jewellery
- newsWatch: Social Media Sensation Ranu Mondal Records Her First Song For Himesh Reshammiya
- insyncLata Mangeshkar Celebrates 79th Birthday
- bollywood wardrobeLokmat Most Stylish Awards 2022: Ananya Panday, Abhishek Bachchan, Vidya Balan Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- menSalman Khan’s Dapper Looks From Bigg Boss Previous Seasons - We Pick The Best Ones
- bollywood wardrobeKuch Kuch Hota Hai Completes 23 Years: Of Costumes, Male Gaze, And Anjali’s Disappointing Transformation