- Finance Bitcoin Hit Levels Of $10000; Central Banks Stimulus Measure Supporting
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Automobiles Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The nominations for the BET Awards '08 were announced live from 106 and Park "106 & Park" on Wednesday, May 15, 2008. The show took place on June 24 at Shrine Auditorium. The host of the ceremony was D.L. Hughley.
Music legend Quincy Jones has been selected as the 2008 recipient of BET's Humanitarian Award and will receive the honor at the “BET Awards". Jones, 75, is one of the most influential figures in the music industry.
Over a span of five decades, Jones has been nominated for 79 Grammy Awards, winning 27. Outside of his music career, Jones is one of the founders of the Institute for Black American Music, which is creating a national library of African-American music and art. He is also the founder of the Quincy Jones Listen Up Foundation, which aims to break the cycle of poverty and violence by connecting children with education, technology, culture, and the roots and fruits of music.