Islamabad, Feb 21 (UNI) Misbah Iqbal, the 22-year old Pakistani- American mother of three, is on her way to Moscow to take part in a world beauty pageant, but says she will don a one-piece swimsuit instead of anything skimpier.
The name of the pageant, according to DesPardes, a New Jersey web site, is 2007. Although Misbah has no official backing, she is taking part as 'Mrs Pakistan World 2007', Daily Times reported.
She said she loves Islam and is proud of her Pakistani culture, respects those who wear the hijab, is a liberal and looks up to Begum Sehba Musharraf and Benazir Bhutto as her role models.
Popular Pakistani fashion model Iman Ali is her beauty and fashion idol. Misbah came to the United States at the age of 11 and is working as a medical assistant in Houston, Texas.
Asked if she had a message for Pakistani women, she replied, ''Follow your dreams.''
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL