- Technology Best 6GB RAM Smartphones To Buy Under Rs 12,000
- Movies Celebs Rave About Taapsee Pannu-Starrer Thappad; Rajkummar Rao Calls It A ‘Must Watch’
- News Delhi violence: Volunteers bring much-needed food, medicines to riot-affected
- Sports ICC T20 Rankings: Rahul remains number two batsman in T20s, Kohli static at ninth spot
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Automobiles New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Akshay Kumar has finally got what he's always wanted - to take on the mighty King Khan - and that too on a big day like Diwali!
Thanks to a decision made by producer Sajid Nadiadwala yesterday, the Akshay-Salman starrer Jaan-e-Mann will now take on Riteish Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar's Don. It will be a true clash of star power:
Jaan-e-Mann stars Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Preity Zinta, while Don stars Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor (in a special appearance).
Hurrah for holidays
Earlier, there was a clash between Don and Dhoom 2, as both were planning a Diwali release. But Dhoom 2 (a Yash Raj flim starring Abhishek Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Bipasha Basu and Aishwarya Rai) has now backed out of the race and will release on November 24.
Says Rupen Amlani of Ashtavinayak Films, distributor of Nadiawala's film, "The decision to release Jaan-E-Mann was taken just yesterday morning when we heard that Dhoom 2 has been postponed. With Diwali and Eid around the same time, the two movies can fit in easily. It will be a holiday period, we will also get the Muslim crowd.
The two movies can easily release at the same time. We saw the opportunity and took it."
No panga with Khan
Sahdev Ghai, distributor of the Chopra film says, "Dhoom 2 will release on November 24. The reason we postponed the release date is because there won't be sufficient time for post-production work to get completed and we don't want to release the film in a hurry."
Adds trade analyst Amod Mehra, "There is a lot of special effects and stunt sequences in Dhoom 2 which normally takes a lot of time to edit.
That could be a reason why they have postponed the film. The other reason could be because Yash Raj doesn't want to ruffle Shah Rukh's feathers by releasing their film on the same day."