- 32 min ago Saina Nehwal Flaunts 5 Stunning Lehengas And We Have Our Favourite Pick; Find Out
- 1 hr ago Karishma Tanna’s Classy Red Cape Gown Is All You Need To Make Statement At Cocktail Parties
- 1 hr ago Quotes, Wishes And Messages For Wishing 30th Birthday
- 2 hrs ago Lyrics And Meaning Of Lord Ganesha’s Aarti
- News Phone call row: BJP MLA Lallan Paswan files FIR against Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Automobiles Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Sales Crosses 1000 Units: Here Are All The Details!
- Movies Writer-Director Badrinath Sabat Excited To Roll One Of Its Kind Sci-Fi Web Series Time Series
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
- Technology Airtel, Reliance Jio, Vi Work From Plans That Offer Data Up To 100GB
- Sports WBBL 2020-21 FINAL: Sydney Thunder Vs Melbourne Stars: Probable XIs, Venue, Date, Timings, TV Channel Information
- Finance LTC Scheme: Now Insurance Premiums Paid Also Eligible For Reimbursement
- Education CSEET Result 2020: ICSI Releases CS Executive Entrance Test CSEET November 2020 Result
They say that a dog is a man's best friend. And rightly so, who else would wait for you to arrive home eagerly and pounce on you to welcome you? Our dogs are our life. Spending time with them will help us forget all our worries. Playing fetch with them and seeing the pure delight on their faces is everything we ever need from life. Because of so much that they give us, keeping them healthy and safe is indeed our responsibility.
Having a dog for companionship definitely has a lot of perks. But it certainly comes with the added responsibility as well. Dogs require regular maintenance so that they can be your best buddies.
If you are a dog owner, you must be well aware of their affinity towards all things smelly. But it may not be possible to give them a bath every day.
So how can you avert the stinky smell that they exude in between baths? Well, we have solutions for you to keep your best buddy smelling great at all times. What more!! They don't require as much effort as a bath but are known to be extremely effective in keeping dog odour at bay. Here are some ways in which you can keep your canine fresh in between their baths-
1) Brush Their Coat-
Trust us when we say this but dogs love being brushed as much as their feline counterparts. Brushing them may not be that time consuming, plus it carries a great load of benefits. Apart from being a time for bonding for you and your doggy, brushing them often can help remove dirt and dander off their coats, along with removing odour. It also keeps their fur healthy and shiny. Brushing regularly removes loose hair, making your living space free from dog hair. Make sure to use a soft and wide comb.
2) Keep Their Teeth Clean-
A fresh breath instantly makes you feel fresh, isn't it? Well, the same applies to your furry friend as well. If you haven't been too keen on your dog's oral hygiene, it's time to get started with it. Giving your dog a good scrubbing will help you keep away from gingivitis and bad breath.
3) Clean Their Ears-
Believe it or not, just the simple act of cleaning their ears will instantly help eliminate bad odour. Not cleaning their ears can give rise to the growth of yeast, which is often responsible for the bad smell. Using cotton balls and baby oil can be quite useful in this endeavour. However, make sure not to use earbuds, though as you may never gauge how far it is going and end up damaging their eardrums.
4) Clean Their Bedding Regularly-
This is very important in ensuring good hygiene for both your dog and you. Your dog's bedding may be a house of germs, ticks and dog smell. Even if you give your dog a thorough cleaning but skip on cleaning their bedding, all your efforts may just go down the drain. So we'd rather you not skip this very crucial step. An effective tip while washing their bedding is to add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar as it will greatly help you neutralise the dog odour and keep their bedding smell fresher for longer.
5) Give Them A Dry Bath With Baking Soda-
A good alternative to regular baths, dry baths may require very less of your efforts but can go a long way in ensuring your pet poodle stays odour free. Just sprinkle baking soda onto their fur and rub it down with the help of your palms or a soft brush. Let it stay for a while and you can comb or towel it out. You will find that your dog smells fresh instantly, as if it just walked out of a bath.
6) Wash Their Toys And Collars Regularly-
Sure you cannot give your dog a bath every day but you can definitely take some time off to clean their belongings, such as toys and collars regularly in order to eliminate dog odour. Since they use the stuff all the time just like their bedding, their odour sticks to these things as well. Therefore, cleaning their toys and collars will definitely help to eliminate the bad odour.
7) Wipe Their Paws-
Dogs love to play outside. And no matter how tired we are, we just can't resist their demand for playing throw or going for a walk. But they do not wear footwear like us, now do they? So, it is important for you to ensure that their paws are cleaned once they are back from their outside play. This will not only keep them from bringing outside dirt inside your home but will help keep bad odour at bay.
8) Use Pet Wipes During Unpleasant Surprises-
If your dog has suddenly picked up an odour, you can wipe them down with pet wipes that will help them smell great. But make sure to use pet-friendly wipes as opposed to baby wipes as they may not be safe for your pet pooch.
9) Make Vinegar Your Handy Toolman-
Vinegar and water in equal parts can be used to deodorise stuff used by your dog that is not washable. In fact, you can even spray the mixture on your furry friend's coat to keep them odour free for long.
The best way, however, is to ensure that your dog is given regular baths with a mild shampoo as often as possible. Ensuring the best for your dog will not only keep them happy but also provide you with a lifetime of companionship and love.